1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, October 24, 2011

Whip Stitching!

Yep ... That's what I've been doing. No ... not the embroidery stitch of whip stitching ... stitching madly so Chookyblue doesn't chase me with her WHIP!! Tee! Hee! Hee! I know I'm a bit ... er ... quite a bit ... OK a LOT behind with my GJ quilt, but I'm still plugging along with it and this weekend ... to avoid that whip!! ... I locked myself in my sewing room. I'm happy to say that we have PROGRESS! :0)

Block B completed. Yay! :0) But wait ... there's MORE!!

Block I completed! YAHOO!! :0) The Annual Garden Show stitchery was the one that held me up for some reason ... it just kept getting put on hold, but now it's DONE! So ... this is where I'm up to ...

All my blocks ready to join together, just need to get some more uninterrupted time in the sewing room to get the top together ... and avoid Chooky's whip! :0) Can't wait til she lets me start My Favourite Things! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Thanks to you all for your encouragement throughout my rather drawn-out creation here! :0) Hope you're all having a fabulous start to your week! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


8 comments:

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Thanks for all your support! :0) Bear Hugs!!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It looks great Kris xo

Susan said...

Love your colour choice!

Tracey Holdyk said...

This is just wonderful, keep plugging away it will be worth the effort.
thanks for sharing
love me :-)

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

Kris, this is wonderful! One day I'm going to make this! Love your fabrics and blocks!

Helen said...

Your blocks are beautiful! I just saw the completed quilt at a quilt show yesterday, I SO want to do it... one day...

Chookyblue...... said...

ok get the blocks together and then you will be bursting at the seams to get the borders on and oh woops then you have a top........then you can move onto the new SAL.........hurry hurry...........blocks look great......puts a whole new meaning on "whip stitching"....lol....

Love Bears All Things said...

Way to go, Kris...
I love The Flower Show, don't you?
I like the way you did yours, too....so hurry, hurry and you can begin on the new one.
Mama Bear