1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, October 21, 2011

do I need to say more??????

Any suggestions..........i'm trying to get people finished but feel like I am failing at the moment............. 
September doesn't have 51 days.............and some more GJ progress would be great...........
I know life happens BUT...........
(one seriously hayfevered) Chookyblue.........

13 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Having a bad day there Chookyblue. You have done a brilliant job of jollying people along to finish - now maybe it's time to look after yourself and class any future finishes a bonus.
Feel better soon my friend
hugs - Miche'le xx

~Marica~ said...

You have done a good job of keeping track of all of us and made ​​sure that we've worked on in full swing. My top is finished but not quilted. Hope to have time on the weekend. Unfortunately, it's so much else that has come in the way here for me but now the end is near:) Thanks for all the support you have given ..

Marica

Fee said...

I am just waiting for my border fabric to arrive and then I'll be on to it - My father used to crack a whip so I know what I'm in for if I don't get finished soon - LOL

Vicky said...

I'm very glad that I'm not on the receiving end of that whip Chooky .. lol ..

You've done a great job of encouraging everyone, so don't take it personally. Sometimes people commit to something at the time and don't finish, or finish on time, for one reason or another.

I'm really pleased I joined the last SAL, but I didn't get into this one because I know I couldn't fit it in with everything else going on here lately. I will definitely be checking in to see how everyone is going though :-)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I'm here...I'm here...been up the last 2 nights till 1am and finally finished the next block...the corn was never ending...hope to get it up soon!!! You're a good whip cracker LOL!!! Thanks for all the encouragement...I am loving doing GJ albeit slowly...and I am learning soooo much...Anni's patterns are fantastic, she shows and explains every little detail!!! I think I will always have an Anni pattern on the go...

suzitee said...

That's a scary looking whip Chooky! I think you've done all the encouraging you can do...life does get in the way of our crafting sometimes, as WRONG as that is :) Don't feel like you're failing...your support has been wonderful over both of the projects, and I know that neither of my quilts would have even been started without your gentle encouragement (I'd probably still be wondering where my GJ book is!) Can relate to those hayfever issues...bring on some rain!

Kris said...

Crack away Chookyblue! I'm good till December! (Umm... is that the beginning of December or the end? Maybe I'd better not get too complacent!)

Love Bears All Things said...

You're the best, don't get discouraged.
COME ON EVERYONE, SHOW YOUR STUFF!!!
or at least let us know where you are and what you're working on, if you're slaving away trying to finish.
Mama Bear

Susie said...

I'm getting there.........

Helen said...

Does this mean that there might be some places coming up on the SKOFW SAL? Not that I'm hinting or anything!

FloS said...

I'm just as "innocent" as Helen !!!! Just asking !!
Florence

DAWNIE said...

Ok Ok, I hear you - I have lost my TIS book, but it will turn up soon I hope. You should see the "Some kind of wonderful" I am working on but, shame I cant join in and put up some pics!!!!

Sue said...

Ooohh sorry, I AM working on mine, I just have to sew the binding on and stitch a label, won't be long now , PROMISE...