1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, December 3, 2010

Tis the season........

Tis the season to share the secret for 2011....
............and here it is..............
this is the cutest little book.....
....20 x 11cm (8 x 4.5inchs)
You know I have been thinking about this for quite awhile but as soon as I saw this I knew it was the new project.
Low cost for the pattern as it is in a book. (not numerous expensive patterns to purchase)
 The book is easily available.
You could raid your stash etc
Several other cute projects in the book.
There are 13 stitcheries in total but the main project a quilt measures 33 x 41 inchs. 
&&&&
EVERYONE will be able to keep up..............well that is if anyone wants to join me..........
Besides the quilt other projects include - bag, wallhanging, scrapbook album, hanging pocket and a little cushion
I got a little carried away this afternoon when Mr Chookyblue managed to get the mail and I have stitched this little one up...........the birdies need eyes and I have yet to wash out the marker but I was too excited to wait to show you...........DMC 304 red thread as I didn't have DMC 221 as Natalie used.
So now for the plan...........we'll start in March and run for 6 months......be finished before the festive sewing swings into action...........and I could have it finished for Christmas 2011...........
&&&&
I have already purchased 2 books but I am putting this info here for you so I don't have to answer the questions later.
WHERE CAN YOU GET IT...........
Contact Natalie's shop threadandginger(at)bigpond(dot)com. 
Phone 07 3820 9052 (Australia)
Cost is $23.10 plus postage (Australia 60c or $1.20?)
Contact the above email to find other stockists......especially for overseas....
&&&&&&
ADDED some international links
Sharon at Daisy Cottage USA will be stocking the book.........email her or find the Australian section on her site...try this for the book..........but I know she is getting it in so be quick.......
NZ email Shiree here............her blog here  or shop The Rowan Tree
Others may have links in the comments on this post where the book is available.
%%%%%
As with when I started the current project I am happy to stitch away on my own but  know a few of you will join me. I will have to update the members of this current Stitch-a-long in the new year so will send out an email then to see who's in and who wants to step out.............
Also if you currently just following this blog and want to join I will sort all that out in January  February. 
Once I have finished the SSCS stuff on my blog.
Happy Stitching................hope your not being washed away where you are...............still raining here........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

62 comments:

FIONA said...

Great idea Chooky! Count me in!!
And it has finally stopped raining here on the east coast south of Sydney (for a short while I think!) Thinking of you stranded in at home over there and thinking about how much stitching you might be doing????

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I had been thinking that one of Natalie Bird's pattern might have been a good candidate - maybe the Sweet Sentiments one or the older All Creature's great and Small ( which would have been good as I already own it) However this one is certainly up my alley. So it looks like I'll be around for another year. Just have to keep stitching my GJ in the mean time. And with school holidays coming up I might even make a trip over to the shop and buy it there. SOunds like fun.

Sofia Amaral M. said...

Count me in! I hope they can send me the book to Portugal!!!
Thanks for these GREAT idea!!
See you...
Sofia

Kate said...

Count me in Chooky

collettakay said...

I'd like to jump in on this one! Off to find the book!

Collettakay

Satu said...

I'm in too;) I just found where to order the book... and ordered it;)) as a Christmas present for myself;)))

kokina said...

ciao :)
I would like to partecipate.
i am from Italy.
and i am probably bringing a friend of mine here, always from italy.
do u accept european?
i need to know it asap.
meanwhile i am going to buy the book.
i love stitching along, this blog and natalie.
hugs
kokina

kokina said...

i forgot to leave u my mail:

patchonly@fastwebnet.it

Sylvia said...

Sounds like a great idea, Chooky, though after putting all the decos up this week, I really shouldn't be making any more! Still I do love Christmas and would love to Stitch-a-long again next year.

Jo in TAS said...

Oh that looks do-able! Love Natalie's designs so count me in.

Anonymous said...

Count me in! Thread and Ginger is one of my local shops, I will hint furiously to the family of my need to have this book for Christmas! LOL

Dawn said...

definately a doable project and a nice Christmas wall ahnging..
join me in
Hugs Dawn x x x
ps... will be caught up soon with Gardeners Journal...

kokina said...

i found the book on
http://moorepatchwork.com/

i have taken 2, one for my friend too ;)

i love this pattern.
hugs
kokina

Jindi's Cottage said...

Oh why not..I've nothing else to do *ROFLOL*

Jude said...

I haven1t sewed with you in the past but after my friend Dawn told me about your blog I`m hooked so I would love to join the TIS THE SEASON stitch along and have already told DH to get me the book for Xmas.

Khris78 said...

Of course count me in :)

Lorraine said...

Count me in....it's been great to get the GJ quilt top done with the group.....I ahve been working on some of Natalie's Christmas stitcheries but wont get them finished for this Christmas I don't think....

Pepe said...

I'm the frined of Kokina... and yes, I would partecipate, too... :-)

Lee said...

Count me in. This one looks like lots of larger pieces. Those 1 1/2 inchers take forever. But, I am finished and it is at the quilters. Thanks for organizing again! Have a perfect Christmas everyone! Lee

Sarah said...

Cool! I think I might join this Group next year.... This book is SO nice! Got a heap ordered, should be here next week.
x Sarah

Unknown said...

Hope there is room for me Chooky.. Please sign me up too.. I will be stocking Natalie's Book 'Tis the Season' in my shop here:www.ollieandmay.bigcartel.com ..I will be selling the book as a Kit with some DMC 221 & I offer FREE shipping in Australia...
cheers

Pia said...

I'm in.
For Scandinavia. Helene Juul Design in Denmark will be stocking up the pattern too.
www.helenejuul.dk

Vicki ♥ said...

Oh yes please....I would love to join in and it will be my first stitch along :) Thanks

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm in...I wondered what we would all do when the current project ended. I have sent out an email to Sharon.
Thanks,
Sammie
Mama Bear

Deb said...

Great book Donna, I bought it from Shiree when down there at the weekend. Lovely.
As far as GJ, done all my stitching and just need to put all together. Onwards......

Sheryl said...

Hi Chooky, count me in too... it looks gorgeous, just don't tell anyone I'm starting something new... and yes I'm still plodding along with my GJ, doing all the stitching first...thanks for the inspiration and motivation, Sheryl

Priscilla said...

I've just purchased the book - please count me in for the stitch-a-long :o)

ZzabeLinha said...

Count me in! =)

kokina said...

i received 2 books today, wonderful colors.
one is for me and one is for Pepe.
i love the 221 color too.
hugs
kokina

Jeanette said...

Count me in. Just ordered the book. :) i love using 221. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just visited your blog for the very first time and I am so keen to be involved in next year's stitch along as I love Natalie Bird's new book. Please pop me on the list, sounds very exciting. Kind Regards Treann.

Isabella said...

Count me in again this time I have my book and my thread only need to find a nice fabric for the borders and I'm ready to go.

rosane.mortensen said...

Yes yes count me in as well. I.ve already purchase my book so I'm waiting. I'm live in Denmark. rosanemortensen@yahoo.com.br

Pat said...

I'm new here and would love to join in. Gotta go order my book :0)

Vickie said...

Oh just couldn't not do this one..I have my book..I have my fabric-stepped out and am using greens- and cotton (still a bit indecisive as to what colour I will use),cheers Vickie

DAWNIE said...

I knew I bought this book for a reason - it was whipped in to my bag as soon as I saw it.

Teresa said...

I really thought I'd left a comment on this post... I'm in Chooky.. I must have known something as I bought this book before you even chose it. Cool.... I'm ready. Hope I can make better progress than last year.. there is always hope!!!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

As my friend Joy in AU just sent me this pattern book I need to be "in" too--I love all these designs and can't wait to join in--in the meantime I do have a few thousand ufo's to finish===!!!!!
Hugs,Di

Anonymous said...

OMG! How did I miss this post?
I googled Natalie's book and your post came up.
I've ordered my book (on special - yeah)
Count me in.
OMG! How many things is that that I'm doing this year?
I'd better keep track of it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chookyblue count me in i just ordered the book from moore patchwork and quilting i so love anything xmas,so i am looking forward to starting this project with you.Thankyou for the inspiration.
cheers

Anne Lise said...

I have never been in a stitch-a-long group, but now I want to try. So count me in this one. I will order the book here in Norway today and then I'm ready. Thanks

ZzabeLinha said...

Hi,my book arrived yesterday from "Daisy Cottage Quilting".It´s beatiful!!I can´t wait to start..
Best Regards

Isabel

kokina said...

hi,
what u think Chooky, will we start on february or later the new project? :)

hugs

kokina

Anonymous said...

better add MY name to this ever growing list also

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

Hi Chooky,
I've been watching your current stitch-a-long for several weeks now. Wish I had known about it a year ago, but, at least after much bartering, finally found the pattern here in the States. :)

You ladies are AMAZING! May I join you in the March stitch-a-long? I already have the new pattern and background fabric.

Elisa in Ferndale, Michigan

Anonymous said...

Am I too late, or can I still join? (A perfect apology to buy the book, lol)

SandyN said...

I would LOVE to join in too... As soon as Natalie has this quilt on her blog... I knew I had to have it and order a copy from her....

Sandyn

Simone de Klerk said...

I would love to join too, if still possible! I just got the book and it is so pretty (((o:

Maria Harrits said...

Please put my name on the list too. Great projekt!

Claybe said...

yo miro miles y miles de blog de bordado,pero no fue en vano pues encontre el blog que parece me hablara solo a mi .(este blog) ¡¡¡MARAVILLOSO!!!BLOG muy buena explicacion para mi que soy una novata en el bordado
gracias por su bloggg
un saludo a todos los integrantes

eleonor

Deb said...

I just purchaseed my book for Christmas Stitch Can i Join!
Deb E

Kris said...

Okay. Bought the book today (I found a patchwork shop!) and this one I want to do. Pretty sure I will be able to keep up with this one so can I join? I am even in a stitching mood!

Pip said...

I bought the book yesterday and think I might be able to keep up. Is it too late to join??

Anne's Quilteri said...

I have never been in a stitch-a-long group, but now I want to try. So count me in this one. I have ordered the book from Natalies website today. So in a week or so I'm ready. Thanks

Vicky said...

I was wondering if it is too late to join you all? I already have the book, and it won't take long to get the fabrics and threads together.

Cheers
Vicky :-)

Michelle said...

Is it too late to join in? I already have the pattern and plan to do it anyway but it would be great fun to stitch along with others!

grandmarockton said...

just got the book can I join?

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi Chooky! I'm Nancy and I saw your stitch a long on Pegs Happy In Quilting Blog and wondered if it's too late to join in? I don't have a blog and I don't yet have the pattern...but I DO have some fabric selections in mind and hope to get started soon. I've had some health issue so I don't know if I'll be able to catch up and keep up but I would love to try. This is such a delightful quilt. Hugs...

Kaye said...

Hi Chookyblue, I am a late starter but love to be a part of the action.

Kaye R said...

Hi Chookyblue,
I am a late starter and would love to be part of the action.

flowerofshona said...

Im sure im to late to join in :(
Im a quick stitcher and could catch up but need to find the pattern in the UK or get one sent over, its sooooo frustrating beng over here :(

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi Chooky, It has been forever since you have heard from me on the Tis the Season SAL. I just wanted to let you know that I have FINALLY finished all the stitched blocks and the quilt is assembled and ready for some light quilting and binding. I will be emailing you a photo as soon as I have it hanging up for the Holidays/Winter. I'm so excited, this actually my first stitchery quilt and though it was interrupted with surgeries that took me out of sewing for two years, I have slowly worked to get it finished. More coming to you very soon. Hugs....