1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cardy's revenge...........

well...we all know what a harsh task master ole chookyblue is!!!!
i have been stood over to stitch my TTS blocks....harassed +++
but I have sewn nearly two blocks which is good! 
But while I was hard at work, what do you think the chookster was doing?????
NOT A LOT...except flapping her beak!
So in the name of all us embarassed slow stitchers I am hassling her to start her SKofW quilt...she must have scratched through every box of fabric she has ....and still was dithering....so now I am cracking that whip!
She is thinking 30's...looks good...now she needs to stop looking and START DOING!
Is that a cheer I hear? What do you think???
Cardygirl xx

14 comments:

De said...

Way to go Cardy! :) LOL

Angels Come to Play said...

Keep it up Cardy, just remember that Chooks was going to put you on cow duties. BTW just got held up by a red belly black in the Chook yard. Still shaking at the knees. I know you country girls will be LYA but for us city slickers it is a HUGE deal coming face to face with a snake. Have fun you 2 and who cares about the stitching its the friendship that counts.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

LOL ..... thanks for sharing

Fiona said...

I think you too are having way too much fun...
Hugz

Vickie said...

way to go Cardy..so hmm has Chooky started yet?

Jindi's Cottage said...

Go Cardy...get her moving...*LOL*..

Larissa said...

LOL - Good on you Cardy!!! Absolutely fantastic 'turning the tables' on her, lol!
... And Chooky ... those fabrics will look gorgeous in this pattern!!!

Anonymous said...

Little Chicken says ......

Ha ha ha Chookyblue! Finally someone is brave enough to attack you back ....... watch out everyone there is a hen fight in the chicken house! lol

Good on you Cardy! I hope that you are both having a great time ....... wine? cheese? chatting? I am sure I know Chooky's style lol

Have fun!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Ha ha...so what are you up to Chooky...Cheers!!!

Susan said...

What can I say?? Poor Cardy and Chooky - just as well we only suffer the cyber-whip!

Kris said...

Lol! You two!

Love Bears All Things said...

Well done!
Mama Bear

FloS said...

Great beginning !!!
Florence

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

You two make me laugh! Thank you!
Wow...I just realized that unless I completely finish...that means binding and all...my TTS....then my name does not appear on the sidebar for our new SAL! How embarasing! I feel 'whipped' now! I had better make this a priority at Retreat this weekend! Yup, going on a quilting retreat in the Kawartha's this weekend, actually for 4 days. I will get cracking, and sewing too!