1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fabric Choices

I decided to use some fabrics I had stashed away to make another quilt and in that collection I  had some white for the backgrounds.  Now I am undecided whether to stick with the white or use a collection of creams - and Kris told me I should let you all (my new sewing mates) see what I had - so here they are.  Having had to group them and take some photos I think I have decided but I will wait and see what everyone or anyone thinks.
This is the white:


and this is the collection of creams

.
They dont look all that different in the photos.
Feel free to comment - and remembering that what you see is not the same as in the flesh maybe I will go with flow or maybe not.  But thanks Kris for reminding me about NEW srewing mates.  I look forward to a lot of correspondence with you all.

9 comments:

Susan said...

..

Quilt Kitty said...

I audition my fabric choices by sitting them on the back of the couch in the lounge for a few days. As I walk in & out, colours & those that don't look right stick out at me. Looking straight at them doesn't work for me but the different perspective as I live with them for a few days helps with my choices. The original quilt with lots of creams is lucious but with your colour choices I am thinking white looks better. Hard to tell in photos. Follow your heart! Tracee xx

Tracey Holdyk said...

Love the colours you have chosen... I like the white. But you have to go with your heart.
Love me :-)

Kaye R said...

I do exactly what Quilt Kitty does. My hubby knows when a new project is being started or a decision is to be made and pipes in a comment or two. I like white as it is brighter but the creams tone it down..........don't you just love choices :)

Chookyblue...... said...

I think the white too but I was thinking white in mine with 1930's and was worried I wouldn't get the variation in the pieced sections.........the different cream tones/fabrics would show up easier.......
but the decision is up to you and I do what Quilt Kitty does too if I have time I leave the fabrics sitting out where I will see them a bit.........

suzitee said...

I love the white, but I'll always choose white over cream, so can't be trusted! LOL!

Kris said...

Suzitee and I must be twins, because I will always choose white over cream too and am probably not to be trusted either! Your fabrics are very pretty and I think either colour will work. Hmm... so nice to have seen someone's fabrics! It's starting to feel real!

Love Bears All Things said...

Well, photos don't show the true color but my opinion is to go with the lighter one...I prefer white on white myself but a cream or light beige works too. The ones on the right in your photo look grey to me.
Mama Bear
Sammie

Susan said...

Sometimes choosing the fabrics is the hardest part. I prefer the assorted creams - adds a bit more depth and interest; but crisp white is good too. The girls are right - leave it out for a few days and swap the colours around - the answer will come to you. Good luck, it's a beautiful quilt.