1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, October 3, 2011

Little Chicken's view..........

EDIT Little Chicken is what my little sister has affectionately called herself...........she was chatting to me on the phone this morning then sent me this email to post to the SAL blog.....
She is loving seeing what we are all up to................Chookyblue

 Little Chicken's Outside View

Well, o well Chookyblue you have really ruffled the hen house!!! LOL 

When I read you new post on the Stitch-a-long blog this morning I was in stitches (pardon the pun). 

I couldn't stop laughing as I continued on reading as a vivid mental picture was quickly forming in my head. I was visualising all these sTrEsSeD OuT and FrAnTiC ladies staying up till the wee hours of the night to get their sewing done in fear of your whip. 
You have really got them running scared! 
What a hoot! LOL 
Children would not be being feed, washing left for days on end, dishes piled high, hubby's complaining ....... women with massive bags under their eyes, crazy hair that hasn't been brushed for days, still in their pj's and haven't managed to get to the shower ....... WHY????? .... because they are so afraid of not getting their GJ's and TTS finished therefore not being "allowed" in the 3rd Stitch-a-long. 

Thank you for my laugh this week (when I really needed one). 
Well done to all the ladies for their beautiful work. I love following your blog and seeing what you have all achieved. Good luck with SKofW and beware of the big, bad Chookyblue ..... sHe WiLL gEt YoU! 

 Little Chicken (Chookyblue's sister)

11 comments:

DAWNIE said...

hah well said - but I am still running!!!!! cos mind isnt finished

Anonymous said...

how funny,thankyou little chicken for the visions and good laughs,maybe you should join in on the next one,that is if you are game,lol.

Kris said...

Little Chicken is closer to the mark than she might think! No washing being done here and the kids only got fed because they have an adult sister living here! (GOT TO FINISH! Bought my SKofW book today!!!)

Susan said...

Love you Little Chicken!! I am yet to feel the crack of the whip but am an interested by stander and a hopeful participant of SAL#3. Sometimes husbands just have to step in and do a the domestics whilst the women are busy!!

Fiona said...

well said.... it's great seeing them get done
Hugz

Anonymous said...

To be honest.... I think her bark is worse than her bite!! ;)

suzitee said...

Hilarious! But I'm only laughing because my quilts are done :) That whip is scary!

Sonia said...

LOL the funny thing is, I had planned that PJ day, fend for yourself day already - the blog post just made me stick to my ME plan..... see the my post to see what i achieved.!!!

Lorraine said...

Loved your comments! I was thinking I would sign up for the SKoW stitchalong and finish the Tis the Season later....(GJ is already finished - phew!!) ....but I didn't reckon with Chookyblue!! She is a great motivator!! I spent Sunday and Monday sitting on my butt quilting and sewing binding down....no shower....no walk for the dog.....didn't take phone calls....but it's finished (and thank God I live alone so the no shower thing didn't have an impact on anyone else!) so have emailed a plea to Chooky to please be allowed to "play" on the SKoW SAL now.....!

Vickie said...

hahaah still smiling, thanks littel chicken...cheers Vickie

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

ha ha...I'm with Farmyard Crafts!!! Plodding along here so I can play SKofW!!!