1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

GJ Quilt - can I have a B, D, E, F, I & borders & Completed Top

OK so it was back in February that I last posted about my GJ quilt...but here it is.... finally! It has been a very slow and long process, but I did bite of more than I could chew, last year and this year. Working on my Gingham Girls Quilt, joining in 2 quilts for Christchurch NZ and finishing off 6 Quilts for Queensland, another Quilt for a friend who lost everything in the Victorian Floods, and various other sewing projects.

But with gentle nudging from Chooky the last couple of weeks, during our emailing, I have finally put it all together. The stitcheries have been laying there just waiting now for the last 2 months. So I am very impressed that it has only taken one long weekend Monday to put it all together.
Block B
Block D

Block E

Block F

Block I


and here she is with the borders. Still not too keen on the green one, but it was with DS's opinion as the red I thought I had seems to not be where it should have been and I was not putting off completing it all on Monday.


Even have pressed the backing and made the binding, Mum is visiting later today, so with her help I hope to get it pinned and the quilting can begin!!!! I still have my Life is Beautiful Quilt on the go and my Vignette Hexagon Quilt as well. So apart from joining in on some projects from the SKOW book, I have decided not join the quilt along this time around! But I will share my projects from the book if I am allowed (wink)
Thanks for all the encouragement to keep at it through some very trying times in my family life. Hope to share some quilting with you soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done Sonia

Helen said...

Great work Sonia, can't wait to see the finished quilt.


Helen

Grethe said...

Nice to see your GJ;it will be a lovely quilt on your wall:-)

Vicky said...

Great job. That looks like it's been a lot of work.

Chookyblue...... said...

a little crack of the whip and look what happens..........looking good.......sounds like it will be done soon........look after yourself....

Sonia said...

Thanks Ladies, thought I would drop in and let you know the quilting is going a treat....