1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I am ready to roll

After the saddest 4 days ever,

you will have to go here to find out why

I have my fabrics for Some Kind of Wonderful

and on Thursday I am off to Bega to see

if I can find some background fabrics to go with

them I will be ready to start stitching SKoW



I am needleturning my SKoW quilt how is everyone else doing theirs??

Congratulations to all the TTS girls who have finished

their quilts, those who are still doing their Gardeners' Journals

keep going you will be sooooo happy when its finished.

and to all the new SAL gals, welcome to the SAL gang

you will have a ball










5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

thank goodness the cat came home..........now your back to normal......

love the fabrics you have chosen.........it will be so pretty...........have fun shopping for the extra fabrics..........

Linda said...

Hi Kate, i'm a newbie and i am going to try needle turn for the first time on this quilt so i will be looking at yours closely for any tips.
Linda

Tracey Holdyk said...

Hi Kate, I am a newbie also but I will be doing blanket stitch. I have only just started quilting so want to keep mine nice and simple. Love your fabrics.
love me :-)

Love Bears All Things said...

That's a very pretty stack of fabric. What is it called.
Mama Bear

Clare said...

Love your fabrics.Could you please till me the MODA name.Looking forward to stitching with you.
Happy Stitching,Clare