1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Here .....

and now my Postie thinks I'm Nuts!!!!


Even prettier in real life.

My poor postie. He keeps delivering me stuff (I have been Xmas shopping on eBay) but it has not been what I wanted .... until about 10 minutes ago!  I could have given him a big old cuddle .... lol

I have finished my Hexagon Quilt (see here if you like) this morning and to get it over the finish line I have neglected the Laundry so I am off to try and catch up there and then guess what I'm doing ........ :o)

I am really enjoying the blocks and fabric choices that are starting to appear for the SKOW and am so excited that I will have a block to add soon.  And all those Xmas and A Gardener's Journal quilts that the girls are still working on are coming together nicely.  Keep up the great work.

Happy sewing ladies,
Sharon



9 comments:

De said...

LOL! Your poor postie......... Happy stitching.

Annie Bee said...

Looks yummo - I eyed that fabric for something else I wanted to do but I chose Flora instead.

Tracey Holdyk said...

this is serious yummy fabric. I am doing a quilt at the moment using the very same fabric. Can't wait to see how it looks.
love me :-)

Linda said...

Ah Sharon your post made me smile as i was only at the post office on Thursday picking up what i thought was a crafty package for me only to realise that it was something that my son ordered. The man at the counter gave me a weird look when i made some comment about the delivery not being for me.
I have made a table topper out of Strawberry Fields so i know the love you are feeling. Anything Fig Tree i seem to love. (they have just introduced another new range-California something-looks wonderful)
Cant wait to see your blocks.
xx

Love Bears All Things said...

Beautiful choice of fabrics.
Mama Bear

FloS said...

I agree !! these fabrics are yummy !!
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

thank goodness the postie delivered.......maybe it would not have been good if her arrived once more without this fabric..........love the fabrics........have fun starting the project this weekend..........

Susie said...

gorgeous fabric!

Helena Silva said...

Amei seus tecidos! Sempre espero ansiosa a entrega do carteiro.
Beijos
Lena