1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, October 10, 2011

Second Tis the Season finished

 I have finished my second Tis the Season quilt this morning. This one was stretched at the same time as my first, but took a little longer. I have quilted this one much more (I do so love a heavily quilted quilt) which takes time and then I just couldn't decide what fabric to use for the binding. In the end the binding fabric wasn't really a choice, it was a case of using what I had. The red and white fabrics that border the stitcheries are really just one fabric. One fabric of what looks like pieced stripes. I thought it solved my bordering problem perfectly. Of course I didn't buy enough at the first shop (Which happened to be in Victoria) so when I saw it again I bought some more. (From a shop which happened to be in South Australia.) Both times there was very little fabric left on the bolt, so I used both red and white binding to bind it. (Which you can sort of see below. My 10 year old was keen to hold the quilt up for me, but I took a pretty dodgey photo!)

Second Tis the Season finished

closeup of the quilting

the back

Now I can talk about SKofW all I like Chookyblue!

kris lifeatrosemaryhill.blogspot.com

8 comments:

SandyN said...

Wow it is just so beautiful.... and you made two.


Sandyn

Susan said...

Wow - 2 quilts - at the same time!! Fantastic effort - love the log cabin instead of the standard pattern. And a helpful 10yr old as well - lucky you! I am feeling the momentum of this SAL

Fiona said...

Love the log cabin effect... well done
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

party party........the second one is done......excellent effort.......even if it is the 40th of September.....;)......lol........thanks for being part of the SAL

Now you sure can go play SKofW.......have fun..........

Love Bears All Things said...

This is so pretty...I love the binding.
Mama Bear

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

ooooh I like the way you have put this together - fabulouso!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Congratulations!! Gorgeous in red and whites!!!
Lisa

Jindi's Cottage said...

It's beautiful...awesome that you've got two done...