1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Gardener's Journal...Block D...

The lady kneeling to do the weeding seemed to do it quickly...



 unlike the corn in the vegetable patch which seemed to take ages!!!

There's quite a bit of paisley in this which I love...I'm using what I have...
but this week I bought a blue fat 1/4 and put a 2 and half by 3 and a half piece to the right of the vegies and DH noticed it was different to the others...
Now wondering...is it too different? 


Here they are together...


And joined onto No Place Like Home...
I am loving doing this quilt and learning so much from Anni's patterns and learning all the time with them...she adds all the detail and tells you exactly what to do!!!
I think I will always have an 'Anni' pattern on the go!!!

Thanks Chooky for cracking the whip LOL!!!
~ Dzintra ~

15 comments:

Vanilla said...

Thhis is soooo beautiful! It's so delicate and I love the blue you added to it. It gives it a little spice!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thank you Vanilla!!!

Love Bears All Things said...

I love your version of GJ and the blue here and there looks fine to me. If you've done the house, the rest should go quickly but those tiny blocks are a pain, aren't they. I sat down and sewed a long chain of them together, two by two so I'd at least have that much done. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.
Mama Bear

Maria Harrits said...

Looks great!

suzitee said...

Well done for getting back into it! The finished quilt will be a masterpiece...and that house block is definitely the hardest!

Esperanza✿⊱ said...

Bordado y Patchwork, combinacion perfecta!!!! que colores.
Un abrazo!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great.........4 down 5 to go......that corn was a nightmare for me........those kernels drove me nuts stitching them.......

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thank you Mama Bear...looks like everyone agrees the blue is fine...and yes the little ones are a pain...Good idea you had though chaining them together!!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

thank you Maria...Suzitee...Esperanza.

And yes Chooky those kernels drove me nuts too...I even had to unpick the first one!!!

Kris said...

It's looking really good!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your blocks look fantastic Dzintra...

Susie said...

Your blocks look amazing!! I've been so inspired by this blog that I have gone out and purchased the GJ book - just another project on my list!! Keep up the amazing work! Happy Stitching, Susie

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thanks Kris and Peg!!!

Good on you Susie for being imspired by this blog, that's just fantastic!!! Enjoy the book and your new quilt...

Helen said...

Dzintra, your stitching is beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing the completed quilt, I'm sure it will be stunning.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thank you so much Helen!!!