1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Patty Cakes from Finland

Hey there,
I'm Satu from Finland (the 'old ones' already know me) 
and
I would like to share some cakes with you;)

I haven't yet stitched it, because I'm still thinking of use some finnish words in this quilt...
but I have one tiny problem, I don't know what are those patty cakes in finnish. I know they usually are salty delicious (=pasteija) here in Finland, but these cakes don't look salty at all...
Then shortly about my fabrics:
I'm going to use some colours / fabrics from Moda
3 Sisters' new range Etchings
and
French General's Pom Pom Paris
and
there is few tempting fabrics from Lecien and Red Roosters too...
So my quilt will be scrappy one... and quite romantic;)

I'm really looking forward to our new adventure, which we are going to share!

I WISH you ALL happy APPLIQUEING week!!!!
- Satu -

8 comments:

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Patty cakes are what Australians call cupcakes. When I was little I never knew what a cupcake was - now due to American Tv shows etc people are calling them cupcakes but they will always be patty cakes to me. We always used papers to put them in - and they are called patty papers. I hope that you can find a Finnish word for them.

FloS said...

Your cakes look so romantic !! How is it possible ?!!
Florence

Susan said...

I love your cup cakes/patty cakes - they are not salty - they are just like a small cake - usually very small maybe 2"-3" across the top. And teh decoration on top of these is meant to represent a cherry! Perhaps you could use Finnish for "Small cake". I would definitely be using Finnish if I lived in Finland - I am sure you want friends to admire & understand. (They are made from buter sugar and flour plus flavourings)

Tracey Holdyk said...

Oh what a lovely block. I think its so cool that we have people from all over the world making this quilt and I just love, love that some of you are going to add words using your own language. Oh I just can't wait to see it.
Thanks for sharing.
love me :-)

Linda said...

Hi Satu,
I love your block and the fabrics/colours you have chosen. Let us know what you decide to call them.

Love Bears All Things said...

cup cakes here in the states and not quite so tall.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I needed to see a work in progress as it will help me.
Mama Bear

Chookyblue...... said...

great idea changing the words........lovely fabrics.........

Susie said...

BEAUTIFUL fabrics!! Great block! Happy Stitching, Susie