1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, May 30, 2011

Nancy's SAL..........

Nancy has been emailing me and here is her first block...........
She has all the others traced, bordered and ready to stitch............
This is what she wrote in part of her email.............
 The first one (woops picture below) is the layout I originally had planned, then I thought, maybe the black sashings, not sure about that, I was going to use the black for the binding just to kind of pop it, but I'm pondering that and very open to opinions, LOL. If I do go with the sashings I might use one of the striped for bindings, but I never know until I get ready for it!


posted for Nancy in the USA by Chookyblue..............

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Nancy... I like the black border more than the other way. I love how the red and green intermix when it's all joined together!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Thanks so much! I agree completely after seeing the photos again. i was told in a class one time to look at your quilt through a digital image and you will see things better. I believe that's true. Hugs...

Simone de Klerk said...

I wouldn't go for the stripes! Takes away the attention from the lovely stitcheries. The black border looks pretty, just as the border!

barb's creations said...

I think I'd just use the black for the border,your blocks are lovely :) Barb.

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Love the black in the border! Go for it!
Holly

Stitched With Prayer said...

Thanks so much everyone, I've been looking at my fabrics today and thinking that the black would be good for the border because it has the red and green through it. But I'll take a picture of a couple of other border options to get your opinions. It really does help me and I truly love to read your input on it. Hugs to all...
**I bought those striped pieces a while back just to use as narrow bindings...a very small dose of those goes a long way! I find that if I look at them for too long I actually get a headache, LOL!