1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, March 29, 2015

March Update

I read the email and I have posted! I don't like the sound of the whip cracking.

So far, yes with two days to go...

Blocks completed.





Blocks needing to be completed.




I have had a huge month travelling with work as well as trying to get an 2000 word essay completed.

It is in draft form so I am going to spent an hour or so this afternoon working on the incomplete blocks before I begin to edit.

I am definitely enjoying the journey.
Simone

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Beautiful colors and fabrics x

Chookyblue...... said...

go for it Simone.....essay and stitching.......when the brain needs a break stitch.......goodluck but these look great so far.......

creations.1 said...

You will get them done Simone - there are still 2 days to go!!

Maria said...

Looking good Simone.. Just keep stitching and you will get there.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Its always a busy person who gets things done!

Susan said...

Looking great so far....the essay is important too I'm sure....but that whip is still whirling!

Khris78 said...

Looking great Simone :)))

Fiona said...

great blocks...
Hugz