1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

February is complete.

I finished my February blocks on Friday... I even posted images on Instagram under the #NaturesJourney hashtag. But life gets busy and I diddn't manage to get onto the computer and post some pictures until now. Whoops!!!






I bought a few of the background fabrics, but the applique is all scrap fabrics.

In all honesty, I'm not a fan of blanket stitching, so I decided to stem stitch the circle blocks and back stitch the square blocks (the hexagon appliques).

I'll do better next month and have my post up on time. Really! ;-)


10 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely blocks...I tried the blanket stich and didn't like it much so opted for a chain stitch in a perle thread...I'm happy with it like that...like yours too.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice blocks.........interesting to see what everyone decides to do.......goodluck with March

Chookyblue...... said...

missing a couple of little blocks..........hope you got them done.....

Unknown said...

Love your colours used, looks really good.

I'm not a fan of blanket stitch on an open embroidery area because it doesn't look perfect. If you look at my blocks I've just realized that I have done my blanket stitch back to front oops.

Lovely work xxx

Anonymous said...

well done Anorina xx

Janice said...

I'm loving your colour choices and isn't it great to raid the scrap basket. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Deb R said...

I'm loving your colour choices too!

creations.1 said...

Lovely and bright!!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

nice bright applique! Happy Stitching!

FloS said...

Great blocks !!
Florence