1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Only a few stitches

I was quite optimistic in the beginning of the month, but unfortunately it didn't go as planned. I'm sorry, but I realize that I can't finish the March blocks in time. Below you can see what has been done. Next week we'll have 6 visitors for a whole week, so no time for the hobby. I hope I'm caught up with March and April blocks at the end of next month.
                              There are so many beautiful blocks made!
                                            Have a great weekend!
                                                     Oddbjørg

6 comments:

Susan said...

Some progress is better than no progress - life gets in the way sometimes...Looking forward to seeing you up to date by the end of April!!!

creations.1 said...

You have made a start -it will wait for you to do your 'life' things.

Chookyblue...... said...

I do you get these blocks done as soon as possible.......enjoy your time with your visitors.........

Love Bears All Things said...

It happens that way sometimes so when we have a spare minute, we should get to work on them before life gets in the way..that happened to me in February and I was glad I'd done some work early in the month.....I'm already working on April just in case.....have fun with your guests and then get busy.
Mama Bear

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Life gets busy this time of year. We have visitors arriving tomorrow for a week and then children's school holidays for 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing your blocks in April x

Fiona said...

you will catch up I'm sure...
Hugz