1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Susan Oh2Sew

I'm not finished my blocks for the month - I know that is not "leading by example" but I have had a busy time and some unexpected interruptions of a personal nature.  In all I've been away from home almost as much as at home...

I was able to do the outsides of the blocks - in fact I have enough for at least two months...back in February I tried the blanket stitching ...it was just wasn't me so I'm using chain stitch.  Today when I did get a chance to tackle the pears I tried needle turn - again it wasn't working for me.   I figure making a quilt should be fun & enjoyable and whilst I understand the need to challenge myself occasionally - this is not the time.

So, here is my progress and I will be back with the rest when I can - probably over or after Easter.


This doesn't stop me cracking the whip over the rest of you!!

10 comments:

Simone Harding said...

It's not good when life gets in the way. It is reassuring that we all gave great intentions but can't meet the deadline. You'll be fine. I have stayed with needle turn well a variation using iron on stuff! I am working the blanket stitch edge. Chain stitch will look great too.

Khris78 said...

March has just flown by for me too ... Happy Stitching ;)))

FloS said...

Hope you will find time soon !
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

go for it Susan........life is always interrupting our sewing time.....
It takes time for us to keep 70 plus people on track too.......enjoy some sewing time over easter I know I am going to........
backgrounds look good.....

Love Bears All Things said...

It helps to know that even you and Chooky have trouble keeping up, that way we don't feel so bad when we're late.......I've made a few adjustments also to fit my skills....sometimes I feel inclined to go back to the machine applique method but I'm still trucking along......I get cramps in my fingers working with such small pieces, though.
Mama Bear

Fiona said...

you will get there like everyone else.... love the colours...
Hugz

Marlene said...

Hey Susan, your chain stitch borders look beautiful. Hope life settles down a little for you!

Noela said...

Now that's not fair Susan. Hope to be finished with 3 blocks to go and one day to do them. Hugs....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gotta do what suits you looking good sending huge hugs xx

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

We are all human...even you and Chooky! Hope life slows up for you. Don't forget to take care of yourself too! Happy Stitching!