1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, March 14, 2011

The slack one is just about there……..

IMG_5978

It has been a very long time since I have made a post….I sort of lost the plot with GJ..

But I have been watching everyone’s progress…and congratulations…WOW…the finished quilts are awesome….

I set myself a goal two weeks ago…to have my quilt completed before GDITC..(12 months ago Chooky, Dale and I decided we would try and complete these quilts for show and tell)….Well Dale finished hers ages ago..Chooky has a finish (is the bind done Chooky)….and I was the slack one..anyway on the weekend I did finish my top…it has been quilted….the bind is on…and I have about 12 inches to sew down on that, so tonight my quilt will be finished……and I have three days to spare….LOL…….

15 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow Peg your quilt is beautiful...........you have sewn like a mad women to get this done..........super effort........it's ok to loose the plot - so long as you get back on track and you have done that.........
Could you please get Dale to take a pic and post her finished quilt.......she needs a hurry up.....
thanks to our commitment we all have quilts finished (well I have a little binding to finish stitching down but it will be done by Sat at the lastest)

Pia said...

God job Peg, it's lovely :-)

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is beautiful, Peg! Hope to see it Sunday. Sandy H

Quilt Kitty said...

Great result - love the colours! Tracee xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Peg!! Awesome job! :) You must have worked so hard over the weekend to get it to that stage! :) AMAZING WORK! GO PEG GO PEG!

Seams Sew Together said...

Great work Peg, it looks amazing,I
am almost there too. Beautiful Quilt
Mandy

Dawn said...

WOW it looks fabulous Peg and finished... I must go sew another block... getting there...slowly
Hugs Dawn x x x

Jindi's Cottage said...

Awesome effort Peg...your quilt is lovely...the border fabric is so perfect...and in time too!...Congratulations...

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hang on there, is this our dear Peg admitting to losing the plot - surely not!
You've done good there my friend it's not as if you haven't done anything else is it?
hugs
Miche'le

quiltma said...

Job well done. Love the border.

Vickie said...

wow Peg it is magnificent and your border is tops well done,cheers Vickie

Lorraine said...

Looks fantastic Peg! I am waiting for mine to be quilted...it will be nice to have it finished! And you have done well to finish with time to spare...woo hoo!

Grethe said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you as well! Lovely looking quilt,now you must have that great feeling inside like most of us:))))
Glad you 3 had the idea of a Gardener`s Journal! Happy to have been with you all:-)

Love Bears All Things said...

Congratulations Peg...just look what you girls started...I love your quilt.
Mama Bear

Liz said...

It's gorgeous. Love the border, a great idea. Well done, I knew you could do it.