1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stitch A Long - Block G

Yay!! I have finished my Block G, I had a little glitch though I
was just about to put the final seam to my block when hubby
noticed that one piece was upside down, at first I thought he was
pulling my leg, but no he wasn't, some of my fabric has writing on it and it was upside down.

I'm sooo glad that this was picked up on the first block and not the tenth.

Can I say Hi to my friend Linda from Balranald in New South Wales, you see she is also
stitching with us and following along, I went to visit and showed her what we were doing and
she has joined us, she doesn't have a blog yet but I'm sure with a little encouragement
we may hear from her. So come on Linda take the plunge into blogland and say hi.


Happy Stitching!!
Mandy

10 comments:

FIONA said...

Beautiful Mandy - i love your colours! handy husband too !!! fancy picking that out!! cheers!
fiona x

Jytte R said...

Your G block looks nice. Good you found the mistake. You would have seen it forever.
Jytte R

Helen said...

Your block looks great Mandy and see hubbies can come in handy sometimes lol.


Helen

Chookyblue...... said...

fantastic finish.......my dh would pick something like that...........they are useful sometimes.......

Linda better email us some pics......you could join us on the blog too..........

Kylie said...

Great block - love the fabrics.

Grethe said...

Glad he noticed! I have just used the same greenish word-fabric on a small pinwheel quilt.The whole top binding was upside down!!
Great block you have done :-)

Jindi's Cottage said...

Well done Mandy on finishing your block...and to your hubby for his eagle eye in spotting the upside down piece!
Welcome Linda...go on, get yourself a blog, you know you want to :)

Love Bears All Things said...

So glad you caught that before you'd finished.
I like the colors and fabrics. Everyone has such unique choices. It is fun seeing the different ones.
Congratulations on finishing April's block. I've done the stitching. I've done most of the cuts. Last night, I noticed all the additional pieces. I'm like, 'What'? I thought I was ready to stitch. Wish I'd seen those earlier. Right now I'm stitching the bugs because I had marked them off on the same piece of background as the bird bath. I hope I can show my block G this week.

Welcome to your friend.
Mama Bear

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

It looks really nice in the Whimsy fabric. I have nearly finished making a bag from the same fabric and had to remember to put the directional fabric the right way so it would be correct on each side. I guess you will always remember to do that now.
And hi to Linda as well.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great looking block Mandy.