1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First Block - Block G

Finally I have a picture of my first block. It seems that the stitching part for me is easy - it is the photo part that I find hard.
The fabrics are all from my Moda Garden Party layer cake. I have all my pieces cut out ready to go for the rest of the blocks except for the odd shaped ones. I just hope that I can keep the scrappy look - although I do have extra fabric to choose from.
Just out of interest I thought I was going to still have about half of my layer cake left. It is close - I have pieces of about 4 inches by 10 inches left from each 10 inch square, so not quite half.
I am hoping to use the large floral design for my border ( like the piece above the watering stitchery) but there are a few different colourways. ( green , brown ,pink, cream and maybe yellow and maroon, I can't quite remember) When I have the next block made I think I will make my choice then when I can see how they look next to the fabric.
(One of my local quilt shops is having a 20% off sale the weekend after next for their club members so that might factor into my choice as well. It might depend on what they still have in stock.)

Lynda

7 comments:

Seams Sew Together said...

Looking Good Lynda, you made it yay!!!!

Yvette said...

It looks great!

Grethe said...

It looks very nice. I bought FQ of same range and used some of the fabrics in block G.
Happy stitching :-)

Anita said...

Looks great Lynda - that fabric range is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Lynda. Love your fabrics.

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Well it's about time! :-) Don't worry everyone. I know her well enough to but her a cuppa.

Chookyblue...... said...

yeh you have the first block done........there are a few girls using layer cakes or jelly rolls.......