1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, December 20, 2010

An adventure...

Last week Kayly and I felt we needed a girl's day out and decided to visit Thread and Ginger on the other side of town. For those who don't know, Thread and Ginger is Natalie Bird's (also this link) shop and we got to meet her and see the next stitch along quilt. Can you see it behind us? Of course I bought the book too ( and one or two other things). I am going to be good and not start - after all I am still working on my Gardener's Journal - but I did get the hexagon papers to make the cute little bag in the book. (you can see it behind my head.) So maybe I might just get to stitch one square over Christmas in anticipation of making the bag.



bettsylyn (Lynda) and Natalie Bird
Photo by Kayly.
The next decision will be choosing the fabric to make this cute quilt in - and then the colour to stitch it in. Natalie used a fabric which isn't actually Christmas - I am not sure yet what fabric I will use. Has anyone else decided?

And here you can have a look at the inside of the shop. It doesn't show much - there are so many beautiful things there.

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I am so jealous...........the shop looks lovely....wished I could just pop in.....
...still getting used to your short hair........and yes you have to get your GJ finished before you can start the Tis the Season........I have the threads and probably the background but will have to decide on the other fabrics.........

Susan said...

Its hard to resist the tempatation to start a new project isn't it?? I am having a big sort out at the moment and although I already had a HUGE list of UFOs and those I really really have to make - I have been adding to that list as I "discover" patterns/projects I had forgotten about.
Sew many projects, sew little time!!
Good Luck with completing your GJ adn starting the new one - its pretty tempting to join in the fun . . .

Love Bears All Things said...

haven't thought about fabric, yet..the book hasn't arrived...I have to finish GJ first..I like the idea of doing it in the colors seen here.
I bought some Christmas fabric before Thanksgiving...surely there will be some around after Christmas.
Mama Bear

Jindi's Cottage said...

Oooo...pretty shop...wish I was able to pop in too...
I've two fabrics put aside to choose between as my starting point (repros which just happen to be predominately red or green), background for the stitcheries and the book for 'Tis the Season but I'm waivering on the thread colour to go with - but it will more than likely be a variegated...
That is, once I've finished GJ...*LOL*...

suzitee said...

How exciting! To be able to see the new SAL quilt IRL would be cool...and so inspirational!

Grethe said...

Great new quilt,I am sure lots of us keep thinking about joining:-)