1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, October 22, 2012

4th strip...terrible photography!

Almost there....one more row to go and then the strips on the top and bottom and I will be done....well except for the quilting and binding.  Wow do you see how uneven the bottom is?  Did anyone else have this problem?  I have know idea where I went wrong!  I will have to add little blocks to the bottom to even it all out before I add the stripping I guess?!  Argh!  It is really bugging me that my photo's are not of better quality too!  Double Argh!  Enough grumbling...I love seeing everyones hard work, we are all pushing to get our SKoW done and Chooky you have been so very patient!  Thank you!  Looking forward to seeing some more progress tomorrow.  Happy wishes from Canada!  I am just thinking I should have added a snow flake to my quilt...I love the snow and its on its way soon. Yippee!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

I had trouble with the bottom too.........not sure what was wrong and I didn't have time to work it out so I went CHOP......looking great there will be a TOP in no time........maybe you could change one of the blocks on the last row.......

Susan said...

A snowfalke on the dog block?? or the ice cream?? In any case its looking great. Terrific progress... I think the "rule" might be to measure each row (I seem to reall 61 inches was the magic figure though that could be wrong) and make the strips the same and adjust as you sew. That is not to to say mine was perfect and I am good at "Do what I say, not what I do..."

De said...

I had problems with the bottom too...not sure what it was

Ann said...

Mine was out also - slightly more on the last 3 rows. I did the ghastly job of unpicking and taking a little of a couple of blocks & then just added bits to the strips if it needed it.

Susie said...

I think it looks wonderful and agree with Chooky - CHOP!

Susie said...

I think it looks wonderful and agree with Chooky - CHOP!

Love Bears All Things said...

Looking good there....yes, I had the same problem. I took one row loose and trimmed the blocks to make it fit then when I finished some more were off. I just trimmed it up and let it go at that.
Mama Bear

laura said...

So the Amish put a "mistake" in their quilts on purpose, because it is a reminder no one is perfect but God. It is true. Chop, add whatever- I'd just say you have made an Amish quilt-on purpose.