1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, January 8, 2011

deadline approaching.........

OMG you girls are on fire...............finally I got the sidebar updated this morning and since 20th Dec you girls have completed 21 blocks...........this week has been amazing..............this also includes several of you getting your blocks together and others the borders on too.............
\
SUPER EFFORT......
......and yes I am back in the groove as of today i have 10 weeks to have my quilt bound and labeled..............
For those not here from the start it was a decision at Girls Day in the Country last March that got Peg, Dale and myself started.............
Dale has a little binding to go and Peg and I well we need to get moving........(Peg probably has all hers stitched)..........
.....BUT when I blogged about it all you wonderful girls joined us to...............now the time is looming in and WE MUST get our quilts FINISHED..............

I googled images for "deadline" and got these.............only wanted one but there were these 3 that I wanted to share............
So where am I at............I think I have traced the final 3 stitcheries...........I may have one more I need to check the blocks.............and I need to get stitching.......I can't sew of a night as the bugs have been too bad...............but I will have to get some done during the day........
....I have a friend lined up to do the quilting so I have to allow some postage time in there and back as well......... Seriously I can't drive and stitch binding down at the same time..............so it has to be finished before I leave.............
Otherwise this may be me at GDITC............. 
There are quite a few girls in our SAL group who are going to be at Girls Day In the Country.........
I can't wait to catch up again with the girls.......
there will be 11 of us from this group who want NEED to have our quilts finished.........
well it would be fantastic to have them finished to show Anni......wouldn't it............
Catch you later............off for a nanna nap then into some sewing.......
Chookyblue
PS get those needles or sewing machine cracking depending on what your up to...........

7 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Come on girls, we're here at the finish line egging you on - you can do it, just one block at a time and before you know it you're all done.
keep going
hugs all round
Miche'le

Isabella said...

Sorry Donna I have finished all my stitchery just needs putting together

Cubby House Crafts said...

Thankyou Chooky...I really needed this as I am way behind and still want to catch up!
Lisa

DAWNIE said...

Ok I hear you Chooky - am trying. Is my priority at the moment - way behind.

Lorraine said...

Mine has been together and waiting to be quilted for a while now....you have prompted me to get it done. Just have to work out if I will do it myself or send it out....decisions....decisions!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! Am stitching away, I promise! :0) Love that dino pic, by the way ... very apt for us here in Toowoomba where yet again, it is raining ... starting to feel like those dinos ... in need of an ark!!! :0) Off to stitch some more! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Anita said...

Well you know women work best under pressure!!