1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, February 21, 2015

February's done!

Well, I guess that one of the perks of not being able to sleep at night could be to make the final stitches on the February blocks at about 2AM last night/this morning. 

And that with 8 days to go! Not bad. I wonder if I'll be able to keep up for the next months too. 

February's all done!
I have to confess, I have started to prepare the blocks for March - only cutting and drawing so far, but still, it's a start.

Here in Oslo it's a beautiful day, blue skies, sunny and about 10 Celsius outside (or, 15, as the thermostat suggests, but with the sun shining directly on it I think it's a bit off).

Have a nice weekend, everybody!

11 comments:

Nemo said...

I think that my project will be mostly scraps and odds and ends from previous projects. So far, I'm very happy (except with my appliqué, some of those corners and circles are truly wonky - but then again, isn't that in the spirit of Anni?).

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely blocks..........so far ahead of schedule..........LOL
blue skies.....hot about 35 today....bring on autumn........

Laila said...

Great job :-))

Susie said...

Pretty colours and so neat!

Susan said...

All your blocks look lovely - I'd love some 10 Celsius days....

FIONA said...

Looks wonderful .... and its very very warm here in Australia !!

Fiona said...

they look wonderful... great to have a start for next month too...
Hugz

Maria said...

Great use of your stash...

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

lovely selection, well done

Jindi's Cottage said...

Looking good...given how busy you are going to be soon getting a start on March is probably a wise move!!!