1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Post update.... and progress!!!!!!

January project - I just want to say - wow there has been some lovely and creative things made from the gorgeous Anni Design in January's  (optional ) project.

(never give me the option heheh).....

I am one of the naughty ones that didnt do this one.  Actually  I was trying to get a few other things finished off so I could start afresh .     I so enjoyed looking at all these creations and thank goodness it was not a contest cause they would be far too hard to judge.  So many different combinations.

I thought I would do an update, as my pattern arrived the day before I went overseas,  so I was able to create a new stash ready to go.

so.... today was the day, start of the month, start of a project.
I decided to take time out and create all the templates so that when chooky's whip comes out it will be easier for me to get motivated.

so here we are - Dawnie now back on track:


Fabrics and pattern

 I put the templates on a key ring, so they are easy to find

Happy Stitching everyone,
and I cannot believe that some of you have already finishsed.
Wow.
Dawnie




10 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Dawnie
I guess going OS is a good enough excuse - the fabrics look great !

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Awesome fabrics Dawnie.....hope you had a lovely time...

Chookyblue...... said...

nice fabrics......I will be keeping the whip handy for you Miss Dawnie.......

creations.1 said...

lovely choice of fabrics - great excuse!!

Nays Place said...

Love the template on the keyring going to steal that idea 😊

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawnie love your fabrics i will look forward to watching this quilt grow xx

Pinnylea Creations said...

Lovely fabrics Dawnie and a great idea for your templates x

Show and Tell said...

Hi Dawnie, you are so organized, have fun with it xx

FloS said...

I like your idea to put all the templates on a key ring !!
Florence

Susie said...

great idea. Nice fabrics too.