1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hi everyone.....

I'm Josie and I live in the South West Corner of Scotland.  It's lovely here.... when it isn't raining or snowing or when your laptop didn't croak and cast you out into the offline wilderness!   New laptop came yesterday so I'm back online or I will be when I figure out how to work Windows 8 and get my files down from the cloud and back on my knee again.  Think I'll have a few more grey hairs before that happens.

Can't tell you how happy I am to be joining in this SAL with you all.   It's a gorgeous project isn't it.   Have to admit I did sign up for the BOM with fabric from Hatched & Patched.   Waiting patiently for the first month to arrive.... soon I hope.   I really does take me forever to choose fabrics and because I wanted to stand some chance of finishing on time with you all I opted for the easy option.

Have been stitching the cute little angel project... it's almost done.    Wish I could show you a photo but I need to figure out how to get photo's on and off this new machine.   If only I wasn't such an old dog......

I'm looking forward to getting to know those of you I haven't met yet and of course keeping up with those of you I know already..... I'll be visiting very soon... fingers crossed.

Till then
Have fun.... and stitch a lot
Hugs
Josie

9 comments:

Josie said...

...

Chookyblue...... said...

Welcome Josie..........glad your back online.........to quiet without you.........

Susan said...

Hi Josie
Good luck with windows 8 - its so different...
Atthis men of the year in blistering heat I would swap with cold & snow.

creations.1 said...

Um yes - Windows 8 is 'different' - tis the reason I persevere with my faithful old laptop!! Can't help with the photos either - I cannot work out how to get photos to my blog from the new ipad - hence I don't use it very often!! Hmmm cold, frosty snowy weather sounds wonderful!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Big welcome Josie x

Jindi's Cottage said...

Welcome Josie...hope your BOM parcel arrives soon...good luck with the new technology!...

Pinnylea Creations said...

Welcome Josie; it's feeling winterish here in South Austalia. Good luck with the laptop - you'll soon get the hang of windows 8 xx

Jenny said...

Nice to meet you Josie.

Susie said...

welcome and hope you sort the computer out soon. They can be a pain can't they