1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Nearly there...

Hi Ladies,

Gosh where has the month gone.. got to confess I am not sure I will finish all by Saturday.  Only got home late last week from holidays and parcel awaiting me... so have been trying to get what I can done, but had two job interviews yesterday and 5 friends from the UK are descending on us tomorrow for 2 weeks holiday so ALOT of time been spent cleaning and tidying and not enough on stitching.. but I am doing my best.

I did finish the Christmas Wish stitchery a few weeks ago... I used Cosmo 104 (reddish-pink colour).  Havent decided what I am going to make it into as yet..






Here is where I am up to with Part 1:

Two completed stitched blocks (gee just noticed my pressing is not the best!)





Appliques cut and ironed and ready to cut out and turn under tonight.  I am using the Hugs and Kisses iron on applique paper and Lynette Anderson's applique technique to do my applique.  Its the first time I have done this type of applique and I thought it would help me keep the shapes better.. so its a little more fiddling in the preparation but I hope it is worth it in the long run.




Will post more pics once I am done!

8 comments:

Bizzy Martine said...

Lovely backgrounds!!!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

are you using Lynette's aplisticks too? I have them ordered but did not have them to do Feb's blocks so I used chop sticks...they worked pretty good. I can only imagine what a dream it will be to work with the real sticks! Happy Stitching from Canada!

Susan said...

Great work so far - keep it up!

Susie said...

Looking great thus far

Alexandra said...

Hi Nimble thimble.. yes I am using Lynette's appliqik tools and they are good. Still getting used to using them and being able to do the curves etc.. lots of curves in these applique blocks! I have got little threads left but hope that they will tuck in once I have actually appliqued them on.. my shapes are looking good at least!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Nice backgrounds...with all that you have going on well done on getting as far as you have so far!...good luck with the jobs and enjoy your time with your visitors...

Chookyblue...... said...

hope you got your blocks finished........
I am using this applique paper too.......here hoping it works out well.......

Chookyblue...... said...

forgot to ask what are you going to do to finish the stitchery.....any ideas....