1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, February 22, 2015

time to pull the whip out.............

Well we have 1 week left and a hell of a lot of girls to get their Feb SAL commitment done..............I know we still have almost a week BUT.................time is flying..........
What we have seen is fantastic so I am sure you girls will have something wonderful to share too...........I just love seeing all the different fabric choices................
anyway get sewing.............
Also I may not get the blog updated until Sunday so don't panic...............remember if I have commented it is updated on the sidebar..........
COME ON GIRLS
Think I need to crack the whip on myself this time too........
have no idea how I am going to get it finished this week........... 
But give it a go girls............can't wait to see your blocks....
Happy Stitching
Chookyblue
PS there are still a few girls who have not done a post since they joined the SAL in January................it is a group blog and you joined to be part of the group so we would love to see what your up to..............


18 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Thank goodness I finished mine yesterday...phew!!!!

Simone Harding said...

One small block to go

Dawnie said...

Ok ok I hear you have been stitching all weekend, pictures hopefully by end of week. Lots of pin holes in fingers

Kel said...

Crack on Chooky, I love a little incentive :0)

Jenny said...

OMG have to do a lot this week . I have seen a lot of lovely work already.

Cheryl said...

I'm nearly there - just a couple to gio

Maria said...

Thankfully I got mine finished on Friday....

Bizzy Martine said...

I'm going to finish them today !!!

Pinnylea Creations said...

I'm still plodding along all be it slowly but still going....

Asta Buchanan said...

Only 1 block to go! Have been busy today finishing off something for OPAM - another deadline for each month!!

Kristen King said...

I'm still waiting for my book.:(

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Almost there! Snowed in again so will make headway on my blocks for sure today...stay tuned!

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks, Chooky, We've had a death in the family with the last 3 days taken up with that....so glad I finished my February blocks early. We never know what will come up to put us behind. Gonna get my prep work done on the March blocks. Taking a trip soon and need to get started.
Mama Bear

Wendy said...

My thread has finally arrived and I will be getting my blocks done this coming week.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

OUCH!!.. I'll look forward to it!!!.. Ha ha Xx

Josie said...

I'm not scared of that whip... I'm almost done with month one. Heck that's almost a poem. Looking to finish and post to SAL in the next couple of days. Stand down.....xxxx

Anonymous said...

almost there Chooky, all the buttonhole is done just starting the needle turn,

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Glad I finished in time...your whip gave me a dream that could quite easily turned into a nightmare...but it prompted me to get a move on. I was waiting for my aplique sticks but gave up waiting when I had that dream so my chop sticks saved my life. Whoa!