1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, February 2, 2015

February Blocks Completed


I must confess to starting these blocks in January when my pattern arrived but I finished off the last block last night so technically a February finish.

I am really enjoying them and just love the red, pink and cream together. I changed the direction of one of the heart blocks too - by mistake but I like it.


Hopefully I can get a head start on March before the end of the month.

Hugs,

Fee x

18 comments:

creations.1 said...

They look lovely - your colour choices are working well together also!!

Susan said...

I do really love this combo...

evelyne said...

lovely blocks!

Anonymous said...

they look lovely Fee and you have put your own 'mark' on it already

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Fee they look so good well done x

Pinnylea Creations said...

Oh Fee they're just gorgeous (and I'm not a pink girl) xx

Pinnylea Creations said...

Oh Fee they're just gorgeous (and I'm not a pink girl) xx

Jenny said...

You have done a lot Fee they look great

Marlene said...

So beautiful Fee....I love the fabrics too.

FIONA said...

Great work Fee!! And beautiful choice of fabrics ... these are all going to look so lovely and so different with everyone using different fabrics and themes! x

Love Bears All Things said...

I'm jealous that you've finished already. And I love the colors. The red and pink really pop on the cream and I know your quilt will be beautiful. I think reversing the hearts was a good idea. We all do things to make our quilt our own.
Mama Bear

Bizzy Martine said...

Lovely blocks!!!

The Snowflower Diaries said...

This is one of my favourite!:-) I really like your colour choice!

Maja

Chookyblue...... said...

all the block look great.......Raspberry Parlour is lovely....

Susie said...

so beautiful and neat. the fabrics are stunning.

Joy McD said...

Looks great Fee, love your color choice xxx

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Oh how lovely......you have the appliqué tecnique down pat. I know I'm going to stumble on this one. I've only ever done raw edge. Yours looks perfect!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Love, love, love!