1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, January 2, 2012

Making a Start

For the first time I have joined in Chookyblue’s Stitch-a-Long.  I’ll be doing my appliqué using blanket stitch on the machine, otherwise it would never get finished.

Firstly, I found my fabrics and a rather cute box to use to store the project in.


The creams came mainly from the stash, but I cheated and visited Anni’s shop to buy the coloured fabrics.


Nothing more happened until Boxing Day when I finally made a start. I cut all the appliqué block backgrounds, traced the pieces onto vliesofix and cut whisperweft until I ran out of both and then stitched until I needed more matching threads.


Now that I’ve been to the shops, I spent all day yesterday  working on the quilt, without doing a stitch.  I do have all the appliqué blocks prepared to just stitch and have enough little squares and strips cut to keep me going for a while.

At least the first block is now completed.  Hopefully, I’ll be caught up by the end of January.


I’ve really enjoyed playing with all the blocks and can’t wait to have some more finished.

Cheers

Janice

7 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

So pleased I'm not alone doing blanket stitch on the machine, your fabrics are so pretty and you are so lucky to visit Annis shop!
Lisa

Susan said...

I am also doing machine blanket stitch. Lovely fabrics - then again they should be coming from Anni's shop! Great looking blocks.

Alicia said...

All your blocks are beatiful and the box to store them is ideal for that purpose.
Have a nice monday

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

I SHOULD have done machine blanket stitch. I'd be a whole lot further down the track, if I did.
Glad to see you have joined us. Are you going to GDITC 2012? If so, bring some stitching. I'm sure there will a group stitching it somewhere on one of the cabin verandahs.

FIONA said...

Great work Janice - you will enjoy this immensely!!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Welcome! You're prep work looks great as does your first blocks.
Mama Bear

Chookyblue...... said...

all that preparation will pay off Janice.......looks good so far and I hope you have had time to get some more done during January.........