Firstly, I found my fabrics and a rather cute box to use to store the project in.
The creams came mainly from the stash, but I cheated and visited Anni’s shop to buy the coloured fabrics.
Nothing more happened until Boxing Day when I finally made a start. I cut all the appliqué block backgrounds, traced the pieces onto vliesofix and cut whisperweft until I ran out of both and then stitched until I needed more matching threads.
Now that I’ve been to the shops, I spent all day yesterday working on the quilt, without doing a stitch. I do have all the appliqué blocks prepared to just stitch and have enough little squares and strips cut to keep me going for a while.
At least the first block is now completed. Hopefully, I’ll be caught up by the end of January.
I’ve really enjoyed playing with all the blocks and can’t wait to have some more finished.