1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, January 23, 2012

a cracking update..........

Hi Girls
Hope those needles have been busier then mine..............
Just an update here..............sorry for delays in updating everything etc
Kris Life at Rosemary Hill got the blog job............
she has been great.............so your posts will get a comment from me or Kris sometimes both of us if all is going well..............I got a little snowed under but finally the sidebar is updated.
&&&
A couple of girls have dropped off..........one doing the quilt with an offline group (different goal posts to ours) and the other 2 have decided they have other stuff they need to get done instead. Which is fine with me just let me know if things have changed. These changes freed up a few spots on the SAL blog.
I found my waiting list and added a few new girls to the blog..........also added a couple more girls to the waiting list...........
welcome to the new girls...........
&&&&
&&&
Now the "WHIP" is being "CRACKED"........me especially........I have started but not made much progress so hoping that will change very soon.........the last month or so has been a blur...............when I was updating the sidebar I went from the 17th Dec to now and there are LOTS of girls who haven't done posts...........some have been great sharing there progress..........lots of motivation but really being part of the SAL is being part of the blog and get a post up once or twice a month would be fantastic.................
SO PLEASE GET A POST UP.......
&&&&
 now in all the updating there aren't many people up to date at all...............we need to get moving and  keep up with the goals as this is a BIG quilt with lots of work and I am not going to be here in 2 years time trying to get you finished.
The deadline is OCTOBER 2012 (not 2013 or 2014).........
I know you can do it..............trust me being part of the SAL is the only way I am going to get this done...............being accountable to you girls..............I am too scared not to get it done...........lol
SO HOW DO I UPDATE THE SIDEBAR
the goals are written on the left sidebar and more importantly there is a simple photo to show you what has to be done each month. I only update the sidebar when I see the section as per the sidebar.
There has been lots of blocks popping up here and there but we I don't mark that off until I see the sections done....................
Also if you could let me know if I have made any mistakes updating the sidebar..................
It was wonderful to see a couple of finished Tis the Season Quilts............one finished Gardener's Journal quilt and a couple made it to the top stage.............it is so exciting................
The best part is seeing every enjoying their stitching on the quilts...........everyone giving it a go and learning something.............well done and keep up the great stitching...............

Chookyblue...........

10 comments:

Marg said...

Kids back to school today. Hoping to get some of my sections together this week. Appliqué done. Great job you guys are doing. Thanks for keeping us motivated.

Kris said...

That's it! I'm getting a move on!!! Am so close to having December done, must just get it together.

Jan Quigley said...

I've just started to get myself organised so I can get stuck in. I've chosen most of my fabrics, washed them all, today I iron them & tomorrow I'm off to buy some vliesofix. I hope it's 'working' again, I know it went through a bad patch!
I've loved looking at what others have done, there are some beautiful tops coming together.

By Hoki Quilts said...

Oooops, I got it so wrong didn't I? My blocks were done but I didn't know/realise, that I was supposed to put the sections together - bugger, I'll have to start looking at other fabrics.
cheers, Miche'le

suzitee said...

Oops ... I haven't done my side dashing bits either! I hate to be behind so I had better get onto that! They're all cut and ready to sew together, but I was planning to do them when I had a couple of full rows completed. Thanks for letting us know Chooky... I'm onto it!

Susan said...

Well its good you are back - and back cracking the whip!! I will get busy with finishing mine for january (still pondering that D- Daisy)

Shiralee Stitches said...

I've been dreading the whip!!!.....I must get back onto my blocks....adding all the little squares to each section is going to be difficult for me as I am a perfectionist and like to see the whole quilt layed out to ensure a good spread of colours....eeek....any suggestions ???...maybe I need to divide the colours into packets???? But don't worry Chooky, I'll catch up....

Satu said...

Oh, Chookyblue, I admit... I'm a such rebel - again?! Because I'm gonna sew first sashing stripes not until I have seen (=got) some Papillon yards for them. I'm afraid it won't before end of February. And I think this quilt is so laborious that I would like to do it purrfect ;) Sorry, if I'm so troublesome... BUT I swear that my quilt is finished October 2012!

Pepe said...

Great, Chookyblue! Yu're so great! Tha SAL is a wonderful way to have the quilt done! Great aid to finish it!
I looked at the sidebar, of course, I've not January because I didn't sew the left side. I left it because I didn't know how to sew it, but since I finished also february's blocks, I can finish also January. Few days and you'll see it.
Thankyou for your job and enthousiasm, and thanhyou to Kris!!
Hugs
Pepe :)

DAWNIE said...

Oh chooky u r really cracking the whip now is great to some some new great posts with what everyone is up to. I can't w a i t. To start slow and hope I cn tech up quickly heheheheheheheheh but know I need to get the Tis done . Well u will be pleased to know I forced myself to stitch another block the other day just no mojo to get that one finished unlike the next one that I am b u s t I n g at the seams to start now that my major one I was working on is complete