1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, January 2, 2012

Oops!!!

I was hoping to do my blocks (needle-turn) this week... but then I sliced my thumb open!!!

I did this a few days ago, but believe me it was deep! I needed to swap out my bandaid three times the day I cut it ... and it was only at lunch time that I did it!! (Every time I bent my thumb ever so slightly it re-split and bled further!!

Although it has stopped bleeding, it is still quite tender, so unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting much done until I get home next week.

.... Sorry Chooky!!! ....

8 comments:

Linda said...

Ooo that looks painful. I'm sure you'll be excused.

Susan said...

Nasty - I think a picture is as good as a medical certificate. I would excuse you! Hope its better soon.

Wilma said...

Lo siento mucho, Tienes que cuidarte e ir al médico, para que sanes pronto. Descansa y disfruta estos días hermosos.
Feliz y Prospero Año Nuevo 2012, en unión de todos tus seres queridos.

Alicia said...

Sorry about your fingers, i haré when it happen to me
I very often had left blood stains in some sewing because i can't wait to heal
Hoping you get well soon

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Hate to be my mother but should you have got that stitched at the doctor's?
I can't translate what Wilma wrote, but the words al miedico and pronto stand out, so I think she may have said the same thing.

Fiona said...

ouch.... the worst injury possible for a stitcher!!! hope it gets better soon.....
Hugz

Love Bears All Things said...

Oooh that looks painful. Are you sure you didn't need stitches...
Mama Bear

Chookyblue...... said...

OUCH.........hope it's healed well now and your back into sewing.........