1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

SKOW - Yes, I have started . . .

Hello and happy new year ... have been watching all of the posts coming through and I must say I had better get a hurry on.  It looks like everyone is enjoying this project!

I did prepare in early December, cutting, sorting into my plastic bags, making templates etc. but then it all came to a sudden halt - but now back on track . . . have a couple of days off now so it is back into it.


I have been sorting out the sewing room and have put all of my "many" projects away in labelled colourful boxes and have included the date ... this way it makes me take a hard look at all of these projects before I dash off and want to start a new one - you know what I mean!!!


I have decided to try needle turn on this project, so far I have marked and pressed each piece ready for sewing onto main fabric.  I don't know if I will do all of the quilt this way, I may alternate with blanket stitch - not sure at this point, will see how I go with this one first!

Keep up the great work everyone, your posts have inspired me to get cracking. Until next time, SuziQ

7 comments:

Kris said...

Labeling your projects with the date is a great idea. It would really make you think! You look really ready for the year!

Yes, I am feeling a need to get moving too.

Susan said...

Those patty cakes will look great - and I like the way you labelled your boxes - I have done something similar - but most of them are hidden in the cupboard - only 3 are on display - does that mean I am trying to hide something?? And I havent been brave enough to date them - though I did make a new years resolution to at least make a note somewhere of whenj I start things....mmmm better do that.

Susie said...

Well done! I like your fabrics. Great tip/idea on pressing all the edges before sewing. I suppose you just have to don't you? Look forward to seeing your progress.

Karen said...

I like your fabric choices. Looks yummy!

Sheryl said...

Looks like you're organised.... the boxes are a good idea... I like the fabrics you are using, nice colours...

Love Bears All Things said...

Looks like you're off to a good start.
Mama Bear

DAWNIE said...

trust me - i have just complete a whole applique project which i never thought possible, but it is so worth the time to put in the time for needleturn - the results say it all.