1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, January 5, 2012

WANTED................

Stitch-a-long blog admin assistant............

Essential Qualifications
Current blog member
Aussie blogger so we can chat on phone if needed.........
Able to leave comments on behalf of blog admin me when required.........
Must be able to crack a whip.........

Preferable
someone who keeps up with all the posts (unlike me at the moment)

This position is hilarious at times (especially the recent crotch comments), sad, motivating, cheeky but always fun..........
You are working with a blog full of wonderful stitchers who never cease to 
amaze.........
challenge........
motivate.......... 
themselves and others........
This is a casual position but work would commence immediately.
Apply within via comment.

Chookyblue

17 comments:

Kris said...

Put me down Chookyblue. I am happy to help.

Susan said...

I was wondering on a guess at the amount of time each week?? Then again you already have one volunteer - are you looking for a long list and you will pick from that?? I am happy to put my name forward. Nothing crotchety about me!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Ha ha Susan!..Perhaps I can help out sometimes Chooky...

Tammy, Aussie said...

What are the hours? What's the pay like? Monday-Friday?
I am qualified.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into the Stitch Along! I know 'real life' gets incredibly busy and that you have other committments ... like SSCS, but you still manage to crack that whip ... in a NICE way! :0) ... and keep everyone motivated and enjoying the experience of stitching a project with like-minded gals all round the world. If you need a hand or a 'guest' post from time to time, just yell ... you've got my numbers! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

Quilt Kitty said...

I feel very bad for my post having been the cause of some of the crotch comments. If I can help, just let me know. Tracee xx

By Hoki Quilts said...

Love to help sadly the ditch is just too wide, another time maybe ; )
Miche'le

FIONA said...

Hi Donna - I would be really happy to help you with this if you like. Let me know - I can be "happy, sad, crack the whip, laugh, motivate, laugh again, be cheeky, have empathy" and stitch!!! hahaha!! Seriously - I'm happy to assist. You have my number!! xx

De said...

I will help any way I can.

Fiona said...

I'm happy to join in to assist... looks like a great bunch have offerred...
Hugz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

You have some great offers up there but add me to the list, I am more than willing to help out.

Susan said...

Tracee - I think we have all ENJOYED the crotch saga!! Dont apologize!

Chookyblue - now you have more work on your hands - who to pick - what to hand out!!

Kris said...

Lol Susan! By being soooo helpful we have given more work to Chookyblue! We should have a group that helps maybe? You can tell from all these offers though that we are all really enjoying the blog and the stitch-a-long!

Love Bears All Things said...

Looks like you got lots of applicants. I don't qualify as I'm not an Aussie.
Sammie
Mama Bear

Lynn said...

Sounds fun, that's it, I'm packing my bags and moving to Australia, tell my husband and kids if they ask. See you soon. (just kidding - hey did you see I finished my tis the season?-I'm very proud).

Kate said...

Me me me

Kate said...

Me me me