1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thank you for allowing me to join in

I was very excited this am to read that I am now able to join the S-A-L group of eager sewing ladies. I had enquired about joining, but realised I had to have a blog. With Chooky's very patient assisitance, I now have a blog and am learning to do posts, take photos to add to the blog etc.
So now I can start on the quilt as well. I had actually bought the book at the Darling Harbour quilt show in June 2011--- put it aside to one day start the quilt! Now I have no excuse but to start the quilt.
I will have to look at my fabric stash--- which is growing everytime I look at it-- and choose my fabrics.
I am looking forward to joining a lovely bunch of ladies with the same interests.
Thank you for allowing me to be part of the group.
Cheers,
Yvonne
And you can find Yvonnes blog here.........

9 comments:

FIONA said...

Welcome Yvonne - you will just love making this quilt - and you couldn't stitch with a nicer bunch of ladies (even though it is through cyber space!!) Lots of fun!! Happy stitching!! xx

De said...

Enjoy the journey Yvonne. Blogging puts you in contact with so many lovely people.

Larissa said...

Welcome Yuonne!! Looking forward to seeing your quilt develop over the coming year!!

Susan said...

Welcome to the group - we are all having a fun time sharing our sewing

marga said...

HOLA YVONE¡¡¡CUANDO LA TERMINES TE VA A QUEDAR PRECIOSA,ME GUSTA MUCHO TU BLOG.....FELIZ DOMINGO.ABRAZOS.............

Kris said...

You will have so much fun! That Chookyblue is so helpful!

Shiralee Stitches said...

Welcome....I look forward to sharing our quilts....must get a move along with mine, I think I'm behind!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

Welcome Yvonne.........you'll have lots of fun.........

Cubby House Crafts said...

Welcome to blogland and the SAL group Yvonne! I have tried to leave a comment on your blog a couple of times but without success...blogger is being unkind!
You are going to have so much fun!
Lisa