1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, January 27, 2012

What was I thinking?

You'd think I would know better...heaven knows I've done enough of these SALs with Chookyblue to know that she doesn't give out ticks until the entire months work is complete!

I don't know whether I was ignoring the instructions, or misunderstood, or what, but I somehow thought I would get away with doing December and Januarys blocks without the border strips!

Silly me!


Anyhow, after reading the blog post below and coming to the horrifying conclusion that I was officially behind (heaven forbid!!!) I got off my butt and put those strips on quick smart!

Could I please, even pretty please, have December and January blocks after my name Chookyblue?

(Please tell me I'm not the only one who did this...feeling a bit silly LOL)

TTFN

Susan
(aka suzitee)

10 comments:

Susan said...

I'm not sure what you were thibking?? - that these things are some of your favourite things? That you wanted to make the deadline so you didnt get whipped?? That this quilt is a lot of work even though its fun??, but that you already had oodles of UFOs???

Please tell us what you were thinking

FIONA said...

Ha ha ha!!! Did you really think Miss Chooky would let you get away with just a little bit of stitching???? I confess to the same lapse of concentration and have accordingly spent the whole day sewing it all together ... and then getting carried away and stitching more!!! Happy stitching .... Fiona xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Oh I do not know what you were thinking! lol but it looks fantastic now :o)

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hey I did exactely the same and still haven't joined them all up but shhhh, don't tell Chookyblue.
hugs
Miche'le

Kris said...

Now that's more like it!

It's looking much more like a quilt now. In fact it looks gorgeous. Seeing more of people's blocks together a bit more is very inspiring!

De said...

It looks good now.........

Susan said...

Hello again - it seems that I saw and commented on your post before you had finished it, so now I see why you said "What was I thinking?" I think what you were understanding is based on what Chookybkue has on the left hand side - whcih includes things like Decemner - blah blah blocks and then "September - piecing quilt together (although this may happen as you go along)" So really I think she just put that there to test us!! (Apologies Chookyblue - no offence meant at all)

Quilt Kitty said...

You are ahead again with gorgeous results too, brilliant. xx

Love Bears All Things said...

I had to check the diagram where she has drawn around each section and added the month it is to be completed in before I knew what to do....I had already done January and February blocks before I did that so now I'm up to March....But sometimes life gets in the way so its okay to be ahead of the game plan.
Your strips look good.
Mama Bear

Chookyblue...... said...

see just trying to test you all and seeing if your reading.............LOL..........I did fix up the wording on the sidebar.........looks good though so worth the effort..........