1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Just a question

I was just doing up my list of what to get done when....

I'm reading the left hand side of our blog page and noticed that September is for piecing all blocks together....

But am I right that we don't get our letters beside our names until our blocks are put together in our long strips.

Then I understand October is for Quilting.

thanks for clearing things for me :)

3 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Hi Fiona, it is my understanding that you do not have to have them pieced to get the letter beside your name but you do have to show chooky that you have made allthe blocks and the little blocks and the long border strips that go between each row. I think that a lot of people have just found it easier to piec them as we go but that choice is purley up to you. Have fun

Kris said...

I think that Sharon is right. To be caught up you need to have completed all the blocks allocated for the month. Whether they be applique blocks, blocks of squares, or blocks of strips and squares. They don't have to be pieced together into one piece until September. If you do it as you go that's fine too. You'll notice that the bottom strip is one of February's blocks and the top strip is one of March's blocks. Those two won't be able to be joined until everything else is finished. I think Chookyblue just wants to see all of the blocks for each month. The first group (December) seem to be a big hurdle to me, but that is probably because we had three months to do that lot and I didn't do them then! Stick with it guys. It isn't a competition, but it is a plan to help us get this gorgeous quilt done. I know I was so rapt to have my Tis the Season made on time last year. Let's get stuck in so we can all have that great feeling AND a gorgeous quilt this year!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ladies.. they are great explanations and I agree Tanya, I'll just enjoy what I can manage to do and it will all work out in the end :) (I hope)