1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Behind the scenes...


It's been a loooooong time between blog posts for me. In fact, you could be forgiven for thinking I had completely given up on the whole stitch-a-long thing. Turns out, I am pretty awful at documenting my SAL progress, but actually very good at keeping up with the sewing side of it :)

Here's what I've been up to behind the scenes...


...my centre block is complete! I've struggled all the way through with working on plain monotone backgrounds, but now that the centre block is done, I am really loving the way the colours are coming together.

                                      

I'm using blanket stitch applique rather than needleturn...I really love the extra texture it adds.


 Photographing my projects can be a bit tricky...the minute I placed the centre block on the floor, my furbaby was plonking herself on top of it. She likes to be part of everything! (lucky she's so cute).

Here are the blocks for Part 5 (June?)...


...I really can't wait to start putting the borders together. I've been cutting some of the checkerboard squares along the way, so I'm hoping it will come together quite quickly this month.

It occurred to me that I didn't show you all my completed stitchery for January (yes, I am THAT slack)!


I still haven't quite decided what project this stitchery is going to feature in, but now that I've pulled it out I might get inspired. Sorry about the off colour...it's actually a red/green variegated thread on white fabric with a cream spot.

So there you have it...all up to date. Could I please have 3 x J's (for January, June and July) and an A for August please?

TTFN
Susan (aka suzitee)
www.stitchscrapsew.blogspot.com

5 comments:

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Your blocks look great and you are all caught up with the stitching and the blogging! Keep them coming we are almost there! Cute puppy too!

Susie said...

Beautiful and I adore your choice of fabrics.

Fiona said...

It's looking wonderful
Hugz

FloS said...

I love your colors !!
Florence

Susan said...

Hi Susan
I've given you a June July & August
but the stitchery needs to be made into something for Chooky to give a another J.