1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, December 29, 2014

not long now...........

woops my little counter was out of whack and so am I..............
all my days are mixed together and today I realised what the date/day it was and my counter was wrong so I just fixed it................so you all have to wait another day.............well not really another day it was just 14hrs out but that clicked over to another day............
But maybe it is a chance to get some sewing supplies together...
needles, thread, fabric, sewing machine, sewing mojo.............
have you got your sewing mojo ready...........
and just as I am sitting here I have worked out a project for January while your getting your supplies together for the SAL.............
for the January project you will need your embroidery threads, cream background fabric, 
So what do you think............would you like it to be a numerous projects SAL like 2013 or a one project SAL.............tell me what you think.......don't suggest a particular project/s as I have already decided on that...............
and my criteria is the pattern/s must not cost a fortune like in a lot of BOMS, numerous individual patterns, AND it can be made from your stash
numerous projects 
or 
one project
And yes I am having fun teasing you girls..............
cheeky and wicked but not evil............hehehe......
Chookyblue

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Numerous. I am more likely to get them finished

Susie said...

Ooohhh. Just stumbled upon this again I couldn't keep up last time but loved doing the SKOW quilt.

Anonymous said...

Hi chooky i would like to do numerous as I am not good on finishing the big quilts,lol.I will finish of my GDs SKOW quilt today,I am halfway to finishing stitching the bindings own,thanks chooky.xx

Nemo said...

Numerous! I don't think I can commit to one big project this spring (not sure how my new "assistant" is going to like mummy crafting..).

Janice said...

I can handle cheeky and wicked......just as well you aren't evil. I don't care what you give us. Numerous means finishes...but is easier to opt out of along the way, while one keeps you committed. Mind you, you will keep nagging me to do lots of finishes. Bring it on!

Yvonne W said...

I have not completed my SKOW as yet-- so may be banned from this! Small projects are more likely to be completed. Looking forward to seeing what you are planning.

Susan said...

What will be, will be. You have us under your spell! I'm voting small and numerous.....but I think you are teasing us in more ways than one.
Yes a warm up project is fine....got plenty of cream fabric and more than plenty threads.
Bring it on!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Either would be great. looking forward to starting.

Bizzy Martine said...

You're having fun teasing us!!! Small projects are easier to finish. I just hope that I can find all the patterns in Belgium!!!

Noela said...

I think small projects sounds good. Getting excited to see what you have come up with. Hugs......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Cheeky, yes...naughty, yes,.....and a massive big tease.....smaller projects better for me....xx

Narelle said...

I'm thinking along the lines of one project worked on in sections but I'm happy to go with the flow :o)
Looking forward to having something to reboot my mojo.

Deb said...

Yep I am all for the numerous also Chooky. They are easier to finish if smaller.

Motherdragon's Musings said...

This teasing is fun and will end soon!
One big would be good, that is so have one project completed in a year, but I am happy to go with the flow.

Maria said...

Que Sera Sera.....But I did like the numerous SAL..... Love the thread collection...

FloS said...

As I can't tell which I prefer, I'm glad YOU choose !!
Florence

Wendy said...

Numerous or single will be fine with me...I would enjoy both, so whatever you choose is fine with me...looking forward to creating great things with this group.

Lolastitchida said...

One project! So excited!

evelyne said...

I would love one project SAL

Unknown said...

Hello everyone
My name is Marlene Carpes and I live in Brazil.
It is the first time I join a SAL so I have no experience, if I commit some mistake please correct me, because I am using Google translator to communicate, which can cause some misunderstanding in translation. I am very happy with this new experience and eager to get started.