1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, February 18, 2013

February Greetings from Finland

True Friends tote bag has been...

 ... inspected and approved for useful!
The fabric collection, which I used is Benartex's City Girl.

Some details about the bag:

The edge of the pocket is stitched by machine, some kind of triple stitch. The quilting is simple, only straight lines. Instead of the iron-on pellon I used the wadding fabric, which is bought for the coat someday on 80's (oh, that's old!) I was excited how it'll work... so far I'm very pleased with it. 

I also found a very old button, which is my mother's wool coat button, probably from 60's. (Wov, that's older!)

With those old things my tote bag is a real vintage thing ;o)
I like it!!!!

I'm ready for March and pincushion!


 I have seen here many pretty, gorgeous, amazing, colorful and so on...
True Friends tote bags
and I'm so proud to be part of this fabulous group!!!
You ALL inspire me a LOT, girls!!!

See you again in March!!!

- Satu -

14 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love your 'inspector'!!!
and I love the colors of your bag and that you used some 'old' things to make it--
hugs, di and miss gracie

Anonymous said...

wow i love this bag,well done Satu.xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

You have chosen beautiful fabrics for your bag. hugs

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Love the fabrics you have chosen.
Looks great.

Wendy said...

Your tote is beautiful! So glad that it passed inspection!

Fiona said...

that is a stunning bag Satu... so much lovely detail...
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Beautiful bag in gorgeous fabrics. So pleased the inspector approved of it.

Susan said...

Love the colours - it all goes so well.

Annie said...

Love the colours - what an awesome job!

laura said...

Perfect way to use some of those older treasures.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the fabric range.......blue is perfect........

Noela said...

Lovely fabrics, your bag is gorgeous. Hugs.....

Jenny said...

Love the Fabric Satu it looks so modern.

Jude said...

Beautiful bag and so glad your cat agrees.