1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, June 30, 2012

June update

Hello everyone. This months flown by but most of it I`ve enjoyed my stitching time. I did have a break for a few days with no needle in my hand which isn`t me.



Years ago I was blessed with a free pair of red shoes as a girlfriend brought two pairs and got the third pair free. She came round and took me to the shoe shop to choose. They felt like having my slippers on they where so comfortable.
 A year or so later I went on a bus trip to `Calico Christmas` (this is a quilt show) held in Auckland. I wore those shoes and plenty of walking was done. It was raining when heading back to the bus to go to our hotel. I wasn`t worried.That night we had a dinner to attend at the hotel and while waiting for my meal I moved my feet under the table feeling something strange. I looked down and my soles had come off! I was so pleased I`d packed a pair of sandals. Those shoes where beyound repair. Other wise the weekend was amazing.




We have always had a cat or two living with us. I changed my cat to one from Lynette Andersons `Stitched by Me` block six. I also stitched the journey  ribbon down the side as the cats have been on our lifes journey with us. A cuddle and a purr have helped along the way.



I am so pleased with this quilt top so far with bottom and top sashing in place ready to sew on when last sashing is attached. Chookyblue and Kris everything is in place for another J after ther other M for May.
I can see that my next blocks won`t get appliqued till middle of July as my Mum turns 80 years old and we arre celebrating that with lots of family. She was one of 13 children. Sadly not all are alive anymore but most will come if they can travel.
Till next month Happy Stitching,
Clare.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Love the shoes - and the story! your quilt is coming along beautifully.

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, I absolutely love that cat...
Congrats to your Mom....you're blessed to have her with you still so enjoy her.
Mama Bear

FloS said...

Beautiful shoes !!!
I like your cat block very much !
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

no good about your new shoes...........lol......quilt is looking great so far........one more strip to go...........