1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Friday, April 1, 2011

Tis The Season....my pattern has finally arrived!

Wow, I thought I would never get started on my TTS stitch-along project!  My pattern took 6 weeks to arrive from the USA!  Ah well, its here and I still have until midnight (Toronto Canada time! LOL)to meet Chookyblue's do-line...or is it her deadline?! LOL  Well I will give it a shot! 
Here is a picture of the fabrics I gathered while I waited for my pattern and watched the TTS SAL blog daily to see what fabric the others stitchers chose. It looks like I need to add in some red fabric though....hummm...I will have to get cracking now.  Thank you to all of you who have posted their March blocks, they are all wonderful and gave me inspiration to pick my fabrics. 
Happy Stitching,
Holly

8 comments:

Maria Harrits said...

Lovely fabrics! Have fun stitching.

Love Bears All Things said...

Its lovely fabric and you wouldn't have to add red unless you wanted to, although it would bring out the reds in the prints but your thread might do that nicely....I have not cut my fabric for March's blocks yet so you aren't that far behind me...it doesn't take long to do the embroidery once you sit down with it...I'm working on mine for April right now so I can do those blocks when I do the March ones.
Blessings,
Mama Bear

Vicky said...

Your fabrics are beautiful :-)

Don't worry that you started late because you will easily catch up. The blocks are so relaxing to stitch, and they don't take too long to do either.

I can't wait to see your blocks!!

Quilt Kitty said...

Your fabrics are so pretty. Can't wait to see your blocks! Tracee xx

Kris said...

Such sweet fabrics! Enjoy your stitching!

Susie said...

wow the fabrics are wonderful. such refreshing to see lots of green - and so chrismassey!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh thank goodness the book has finally arrived..........so how did you go stitch fast and make the deadline......lol..........better get cracking.....lol.......actually there are a couple who have only just got there books so your not alone........nice fabrics...........

Lolastitchida said...

Wow Holly I am glad you finally got your book and your fabrics are beautiful. The red would look pretty too! Happy stitching.