1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Long Time Between Blocks!

I know ... you all thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth and that you needed to send a search party, didn't you ... so did I a few times in the last couple of months! Tee! Hee! Hee! Life has been a bit of a merry-go-round of deadlines, magazine commissions, commitments ... and a bit of real-life gardening too.

Our re-vamped, re-planted pond area ... complete with guardian Bunyip, Bertie, near the waterfall. :0) But this last weekend saw me actually grab some time to do a bit of 'gardening' on my GJ quilt. Block D is now FINISHED!!


A lot more pink than I ever used to be able to make myself use, being the Anti-Pink gal! :0) But the best gardens have a blend of all colours, so that's what I'm trying to do ... I think mine is turning into a reflection of my real-life garden ... a cluttered, country cottage garden ...

My Gardener's Journal quilt is 'growing' ... slowly! :0) Thanks to you all for your encouragement and support - isn't it great to have such a large cheer squad! ;0) And thanks to the tireless Chookyblue and the inimitable Peg for giving us all a prod. Happy stitching, gals!! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

4 comments:

Grethe said...

Hello,me again:
Lovely sparkling colours on you blocks and nice little pond you show us!
Yes,I do agree,so good to have a large cheer squad,never had that before:-)

suzitee said...

Love your sparkly jewel tones Kris...makes the stitching come to life!

becky said...

I luv your little pond area! It's so pretty...I know what a lot of work those are as we had one at our old house! But it looked nothing like yours! Beautiful!!! And the quilt's not too shabby either! I hope to start one myself soon. I started tracing the embroidery patterns this past weekend!

Margaret said...

Oh! Kris it is all coming along nicely, inside and outside.