1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chookyblue's block B......

Dragging the chain but I have had this one sort of finished for ages it was down to 3 pieces but not together........I was uuuummming and aaaarrring about the hearts.............they aren't me......I loved Suzitee's butterflies..........I was going to do another stitchery in the block and I still might but I am going to get the rest of the quilt done and see what I decide then if this patch is too big of one colour......
.....this lady with her flowers is my favourite block........
How is everyone else going with there blocks????
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

6 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

This looks lovely in blue Chooky...I'm loving seeing all the blocks...Dzintra♥x

By Hoki Quilts said...

I really like the 'blueness' of it all, it's so calming. Well done, after all your other projects you're doing good : ))
hugs - Miche'le

By Hoki Quilts said...

I really like the 'blueness' of it all, it's so calming. Well done, after all your other projects you're doing good : ))
hugs - Miche'le

Grethe said...

So do I,your block there is very pleasant to look at. How come
you`ve picked out my favorite colour-scheme and without even talking to me:o) Great block B!!

suzitee said...

I, too, am loving your blue :) Makes me want to stitch mine all in red...but alas, too late! That random heart block is a bit of a worry...great thinking to leave it blank for now, and see what it needs when you're finished. Give me a yell if you need a butterfly template!
I've caught up with the plan of attack, and have almost finished the last block (orchard). Hoping to piece together November's block tonight. Thanks so much for all your encouragement Chooky xxx

Jytte R said...

It is good to see you with a finished block. It is really nice and calm to look at. Thank you for all the encouragement you have given to us.