1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Anni and our quilt...........

After a visit to Hatched and Patched on the weekend I managed to get Anni in front of our quilt..........thought this would be special for all of you SAL girls.............especially the ones who never get to see Anni.........
I really want to make the quilt on the left too..............
a couple of close up's..............
another favorite block.............

Could you please make sure you sign off your name on each blog post..........also label your post with your name as per the sidebar name please................it's difficult for me to find things when i have to go back thru..............
&&&&&
For those who have to finish their TTS to move onto the SKoW SAL................hurry hurry.............time is just about up for me waiting..............
Also a few GJ girls have a bit of work to get done too...............
I still have plenty of girls waiting to join the SAL blog................I'm not going to kick you off if I see your working away and blogging to the group blog but if your not interested anymore and not blogging to the group let me know and someone else can have your spot................
the group blog only works when we are "ALL" part of the group.............
&&&&&
the first section of the SKoW is due to be finished end of December.........
I know this is a fair bit of time but I left it that way as there is lots of xmas sewing happening and christmas is a busy time so hopefully we will all be up to date at the end of December. 
Loving all the progress posts.............keep it up girls.............if you haven't posted for awhile go for it...........
Keep Stitching............
Chookyblue...........

7 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Chooky...I finished the apples on the orchard last night...just have one bug to do and then put together...

porta stream eye wash said...

The blocks and Objects of Desire is my one of the favorite fabric. I did a quilt along with that fabric, but still haven't put the blocks together, I will share finished work soon.

DAWNIE said...

Just loving what u girls have done already on the the new slow wow the pics of Annie's is great foe the inspiration thanks for sharing

DAWNIE said...

Just loving what u girls have done already on the the new slow wow the pics of Annie's is great foe the inspiration thanks for sharing

Sue said...

Hi Chooky

I have FINISHED my Tis the Season, no pictures though until the weekend as the light is no good.
I have my new book and my first piece of fabric for the background.

Sue Pickwell

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for the photos, Chooky, I wish you'd taken close ups of the first section...sometimes when I'm checking in the book for a piece I'm working on, I wish it had bigger photos.
Sammie
Mama Bear

Vickie said...

gorgeous photo, and I too like the one on the left,cheers Vickie