1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, November 7, 2011

Tis the Season finished!


Here is Tis the Season finished! The quilting is fairly rough but I am pleased it is done. Remind me to get things quilted in future! I haven't the patience and don't enjoy the process enough to do it perfectly! 
 Here is the label too.
Please, Chooky, mark me off and add me to the SKOW list!!!!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a lovely quilt! I just bought this book and have only finished 2 stitcheries so far, so I was really happy to come across your blog and see someone else is doing it and is finished!

Chookyblue...... said...

gorgeous Sylvia..........glad it is finished.........and yes now i'll add you to the SKoW list for sure.......
great label too...........thanks for being part of the TTS SAL

Fiona said...

Great finish Sylvia... it looks fantastic...
Hugz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Looks fantastic and congratulations on the finish. Looking forward to seeing your SKOW fabric selection.

Susan said...

YAY!! Its always great to put the last stitch into the binding or label. Now to get started on SKoW!! How time goes by . .still plenty of time for Deadline #1

Love Bears All Things said...

Oh, its beautiful...so rich looking...
Mama Bear

Quilt Kitty said...

Looks great Sylvia. I felt exactly the same about my quilting but now it is done & the quilt is sitting where I can see it, each time I look I think better of it & start to admire my work a bit more. Sometimes we are a little harsh on ourselves. Now to the SKOW! Tracee xx