1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Whew, what a month.

Yeah, I'm finally up to date with my blocks and you know the hardest part really was just starting.  What with DD's wedding, babysitting for a week and a bad case of the blahs where my sewing mojo shot through for a few days I really didn't think I'd be here loading up my photo.  So here it is:


Now, if you look at these blocks and think that maybe there is something wrong with them, you'd be right!  My lack of concentration and mojo saw me not being as careful as I'd like to think I normally am so that when I was busy tracing onto the 'Vleisofix', I didn't do the reversal thing so some of the wording is round the wrong way.  Oh well, I guess it makes it a little more individual :)

So, how's everyone else getting on?
Can't wait to see all the different versions.




10 comments:

Fiona said...

They look great.. glad your mojo is back ....
Hugz

Fiona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chookyblue...... said...

glad the mojo has returned...........they fabrics.........

Helen said...

Great blocks! Well done getting all the blocks done despite the interruptions.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Glade your mojo is back and I love your individual blocks, well done

Pepe said...

Beautiful colours! It seems gold! Want to see the quilt final effect!!!

Susan said...

Naughtky little mojo - leaving you like that! Great job on the blocks - they look great.

By Hoki Quilts said...

@Pepe, Mmmm, my image is golden isn't it and that is nothing at all like the real colours. As I am no good at photography maybe I should find someone to have a look at my camera's settings as I don't really know what I'm doing except pointing and pushing the button ; )

Sheryl said...

Hi Michele, your blocks look great, nice fabrics....
nothing wrong with being individual, it makes life more interesting.... happy stitching....

Linda said...

Michele your blocks look fantastic.Never would have noticed the wording was the other way.