1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Introduction

Hi Everyone,
I'm back to do the SKoW quilt with you all.  I did the GJ one, but did not continue with TTS.  I did however keep an eye on the blog so I was able to see all the lovely variations.
Lynda and I have worked out this 'e-mail to blog' thing. If you're reading this it means it worked! I'm sharing an entry place with her, so Chooky can get as many of us on here as possible.
I had a lot of fun stash searching to get my fabric. I wanted to buy as little as possible. I didn't have enough creams and beiges or something suitable for the jeans, so I let myself shop for those.
I have been carefully watching this DVD while I sew and reading the Thimblelady's applique book.
The only needle turn I have done previously was another Anni Downs project that we did in Nundle this year and it only had a small bit of applique. This quilt is a challenge then.
First block is done and the umbrella is coming along. Curves hmmmmmm!

 

 

 

 

This is going to be fun.

Kayly

9 comments:

Annie Bee said...

It looks really lovely. I watched that DV too.....LOL

Larissa said...

Your block looks lovely Kayly!! I also watched that dvd too, as well as the one with Sarah Fielke .. both ladies were fabulous, though I think I'll be trying out some of the methods Sarah demonstrated this time. Looking forward to seeing your quilt come together!!!

Fiona said...

your block looks great... I also watched that and Sarah's dvd's... so inspiring and motivatings... it is fun that so many of us are learning together...
Hugz

Vickie said...

well done your block looks super,thanks for the reminder about dvd I have the Sarah Fielke one on my shelf,cheers Vickie

suzeblack said...

Hi Kayley..I have that dvd, looks like a had better watch it! I will need all the help I can get...I am "adopted" for the SKoW by Kate and have to email my posts too..may need to get some tips;)

Susan said...

Great looking block - its good to be able to join in the blog - even if you have to 'piggy back' - it just makes it so much more fun!

sheny said...

visite tu blog por primera ves y tienes proyectos preciosos felicidades ya me ise tu seguidora un abrazo

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you worked it out.........if I get a free spot I will give you your own signin........it's the best I can do at the moment.........
I watched most of the DVD the other night..........these are great as you can see the person doing and do it yourself at the same time........nice cakes.........

Love Bears All Things said...

Welcome Back! Needle Turn is new for me and was a little scary...I even dreamed about it and thought of dropping out but now that I've tried it, I find it isn't bad at all...Happy stitching,
Mama Bear