1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A few of my favourite things...

 I've made a start on "My Favourite Things", and I just have to say...these blocks are so addictive!

 I'm taking the easy option and going with blanket stitch. Learning a new technique takes more time than what I have to spare at the moment, and I really really really love the texture of blanket stitch :)

Cutting out all the little patchwork squares was probably the most time-consuming part, but thankfully, they are all done now :)


A cute little strawberry teacup...I DO love my tea !

 Some polka-dotty blue jeans...probably a couple of sizes too small for me, by the looks of them :)

A suitcase all ready to head off on a holiday...how nice would that be right now? I've stitched my "bloggy name" on my luggage tag, because most of you know me as Suzitee :)

I guess this means I have to put this project away for a little while now...which is probably not a bad thing, because I've had lots of trouble putting it aside to do other things.

In other news, my Gardeners Journal quilt has FINALLY arrived back from the quilters (it's been there since Christmas last year!!!) so hopefully I'll be able to share the finished quilt with you soon. I'll be so excited to finally cross that one of my to-do list!

TTFN
Susan (aka suzitee)
http://www.stitchscrapsew.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

suzeblack said...

HI Suzitee..your blocks look wonderful! I hope to start stitching mine this weekend, going to try needleturn...will see how it goes;) Suze.

Susan said...

Thay all look fantastic - and all joined too! Does this mean you have cut all your little squares - wow what a job - I think I will do mine in bits & pieces and maybe even do a few short strips and then cross cut them.

FloS said...

Beautiful work !!!
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

great progress so far..........pop it away now and get the binding done on the GJ..........can't wait to see it finished....very exciting to finally have it back.........

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Beautiful blocks. Love the spotty 'rain' in the umbrella one.

Love Bears All Things said...

They all look so neat...
Mama Bear

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Your blocks look wonderful! I am addicted to the blanket stitch method to but I guess you have to trace everything in reverse if you do it this way? Or not? Needle turn would definitely be a challenge!

Anonymous said...

Loving your blanket stitch and you have now convinced me to do mine with that too. I don't want to TRY learning a new technic either.... So when I get started I'll be joining you on the blanket stitch trail :)