1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Sunday, January 18, 2015

New to the SAL and new to blogging

Hello Everyone,

I am really looking forward to participating in this stitch-a-long in 2015... this will be my first time doing something like this.  I am also new to blogging so trying to learn lots in the past couple of weeks.  I live in Cairns in Queensland.. very hot and humid at the moment so lots of stitching getting done in the bedroom with aircon on!

I have ordered the BOM from Hatched and Patched.. liked the colours and it is just easier for me to do it that way.. I think the first blocks are due in February.  Looking forward to getting them.

I am trying to add the SAL button to my blog (using blogger) but cant seem to get it to work.. not putting in the right code... can anyone help?  I have looked on this blog but cant seem to find the code anywhere... any help appreciated!

Loved reading everyone's comments so far.. and have traced my January challenge today and hope to get onto it this week..

Getting excited for the year to come with this challenge.. hope I can keep up...

Cheers,  Alexandra

5 comments:

Susan said...

Welcome Alexandria!
You are going to have a load of fun with us!!! and maybe a few challenges...but we can help -- hopefully!!
You should be able to copy the image (right click on it) and then add it to your blog via gadget | image.

Marlene said...

Hi Alexandra, I am a brand new blogger too, so sorry can't offer any help there! Have just looked at your blog, looks great.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Welcome 😊

Chookyblue...... said...

hope you go the logo sorted........welcome to blogland.......you will have fun for sure........

Maria said...

Welcome Alexandra I am sure you will enjoy blogging and sewing along with everyone.